Outlook/ideas on WoW structure -(EVERYONE READ)-

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

Outlook/ideas on WoW structure -(EVERYONE READ)-

Postby neXus on Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:15 pm

Most of BL knows me as the guy who united BL with TEB. From the things i remember of BL, which are mainly D2 oriented, include but are not limited to: teamwork, manners, loyalty, friendly attitudes, honor, organization, resourcefulness, legitimate gameplay, and more. These things to me, are what makes BL such a successful clan and a pleasure to be a part of. Now i'm not much for words, when it comes to crap like this (giving speeches and all), but i can get my point accross most of the time. I suppose i can share my thoughts on what a day in the life of WoW player might be like in a clan such as BL.

1. Obviously you would log on and perhaps even meet in a certain rally spot with the other clan members. I would assume this would be in a guild house if one existed, but i'm sure it can be anywhere. Perhaps there are people already online and you are prepared to join them in a quest or something after making sure you have all the required supplies to venture forth into the unknown wild. I hear that the Warlock can teleport you anywhere on the map, so i would natually assume that joining up with all the people playing wouldnt be a problem (provided there is a warlock in the party).

2. Maybe there could be certain sub-parties that do certain tasks. One might be a fishing party, to take turns fishing while others complete their tasks. Perhaps we could have a blacksmith who could make items for the clan and sell them to the highest bidder or something of that nature. A scouting party would be useful to find uncharted territory and possibly even secret locations that may prove useful at some time. Obviously leveling up would be done in all parties at some point or another, or perhaps the parties could split into groups and level up in certain areas so that no party really has a huge difference in level (i.e. keeping level 23's within the 20-25 range and so forth).

3. Perhaps we could have a warcheif or something of that sort, someone that would designate and determine our raids and so forth. The chain of command is important obviously but i dont really have much so say on it other than it needs to stay in tact. No petty disputes of who has more authority, i dont have to listen to so and so, etc. The reason why i'm saying this at all is of course because there will be new people that join BL and obviously play WoW ONLY. Anyone already in the clan, pretty much knows that Irae and ZX are the top dogs, and will put boot to ass when it comes down to it. Even tho ZX's boot might be a little small.... :D j/k buddy lol.

4. A questing day would kickass and generate new items for new & old clan members, as well as increasing levels etc. I suppose quests could be done in groups depending on the size/difficulty of the quest. Perhaps, some quests might require 20+ people and a whole lotta whoopass in a ememy territory/town. Being organized and ready for any kind of battle at any moment is most deffinately a requirement because i'm 100% sure there will be pk's in WoW also. People ALWAYS find a way to ruin a game...

5. Perhaps we could have a dueling team, and duel other guilds etc. Not only for that purpose but to teach anyone willing to learn, to fight more efficiently, micro, etc. This was a must in WC3 knowing how to manage units etc, i'm not sure if it will be existant in WoW but knowing how to kick some ass more effectively is always a plus in my book. Perhaps there could be a few personal trainers to teach other people the basics of their characters and so forth, People to help out with new recruits etc.

I'm sure there are many many possibilities that have not been yet thought of for clan structure and overall general layout. We all need to give our thoughts and ideas on what we "could" do and i suppose what we feel we "couldnt" do. So please feel free to share your comments, ideas, and feelings on how we can make WoW the strongest part of BL. Sorry D2 guys, you aint got nothing on WoW, well errm not at least until D3 LOL! like thats ever gonna happen heh. BLizz spoke about the 1.10 patch for 2 years and finally put it out and guess what? it doesnt do what it was meant to do...stop hacking, cheating, and even out the game overall. :P

Anyhow, i encourage you all to share at least one idea of yours that you would like to see in WOW for Clan BL.
neXus

Postby Razlin on Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:16 am

Nexus I like your ideas to have sub-parties that have a job..
1. Gathering items for crafting,
2. crafting stuff
3. Scouting (dont think this will be needed.. the scouting will be done during quests and leveling)

The Warchief (Person that runs and organzies the raids is a great idea) this position will take a person with great organizational ability.

Questing day.. well i think everyone will do some questing of some sort every day. as for the loot. hopefully their will be a way to keep the good stuff that you cannot use and pass it down. Lots of other mmorpg guilds use a point system for giving a item to the guild for the greater good. and use the points as cash to get items during raids.

The loot system is an issue when you get to higher levels.. Everyone in the party will want that "UBER" item. Its best when they have to pay for the item with their points. You could give points for activty.. like raids... crafting or donating items for crafting, helping defend the guild home etc etc.

Deueling team sounds like fun. We are still waiting on more info from blizz on this..

Nice post.. keep it up.
Razlin

Postby invispoet on Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:53 am

good ideas all around. I know from experience with d2 that most of BL has no problems sharing loot. I'm hoping blizz will implement something like a guildhouse...i haven't been able to read up very much on it, my comps have KILLER firewalls...as for the different tasks for different groups, that sounds good, but eventually someone would get tired of fishing, i think, and want to go out and stomp on some baddies...so maybe we could rotate the groups....but i'm not sure. as for the warchief...again, existing BL members won't have an issue with that, although i think some members are a bit more organized than others...it just depends on how many people we have...there may need to be a few leaders in each section.
Blood Legion
invispoet

Postby Irae_BL on Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:14 pm

Questing day and dueling team is one thing. However, and this is something I'm planning with the FFXI section, a degree of latitude would also be good. Such as, say, missions which are made up by certain ranking WoW section members, involving procurement of some item or another - obviously with a reward involved.

Or group pictures (a la Crystalline Knights) . . .Etc. You get the idea.
Tralarin - Level 46, Albion/Gareth

~If we ever forget that we are One Nation under God, then we will be a Nation gone under.~
Irae_BL

Postby Zeph_BL on Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:52 pm

good ideas :mrgreen:
Zeph_BL

A Rant directed at certain people, you know who you are.

Postby ZX7 on Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:15 pm

While contemplating whether or not to use battle.net forums to recruit pre-release, I've had a few non members say to me, "We don't have structure setup for WoW" "There are guilds already with hundreds of members" We'll hearing that made me think about the bnet forums as recruitment.....But as i think about it more and more I ask myself....How does a guild with no structure, Live for 7+ years? And The majority of the guilds formed from the forums(not ingame) are all forum junkies.....and they have NO ingame experience, They have all the basic bullshit every clan has setup...rules, guildlines, recruitment procedures, Charters .....how does that differ from Us? Have you guys looked at our charter recently...Its got shit compiled from 7+ years of running this Guild. So that is why I asked those questions in my previous post.

I do NOT think we should use the bnet forums for recruitment! Once the game is out, we can then put up an advertisement for our guild, and all invites to the clan will be done in game, no forum acceptances. There will still be the usual interview we've always done. Those interview questions I have above there are just a few we used to recruit for bnet games such as D1, D2, W3...and so on for FFXI, CS, DAoC...and the various other games we played.

So to those people who say we are behind, slacking or have a lack of structure...I say go to hell with ya....Who is in the Alpha? Thats right...the guild you say has no structure...we must be doing something right eh......So follow your forum junkies and begone. Anyone who is affraid to get their hands dirty and do some work for the guild, is not needed in my mind....And I'll end with this....

You get out of the Guild what you put in.

ZX
Last edited by ZX7 on Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zxtreme 70 UD Priest
Zxtasy 60 UD Warrior
ZX7
Guild Leader

Postby d00r_mAt on Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:46 pm

i think those are all some good ideas

but i was confused are we just goin to have like our warriors hang out and do missions togethers and shit like that.

i was getting confused on the sub-parttying of our classes.
d00r_mAt

Postby InSoMNiaC on Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:01 pm

are you guys talking about HC useast diablo TEB whos leader was T.E.B. or Of_TEB? if so i hated you guys
InSoMNiaC

Postby ZX7 on Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:01 pm

are you guys talking about HC useast diablo TEB whos leader was T.E.B. or Of_TEB? if so i hated you guys

You know this is the Warcraft forum right? Was there any discussion about TEB? I like them...they got some great guys.

Anywas subgrouping....no not all warriors together...but a few coordinators and such...keeping chars within a decent lvl of eachother....generally 5 lvls apart is ok..any more and you lose the theory of the game.

Basicially just ppl to organize.

ZX
Zxtreme 70 UD Priest
Zxtasy 60 UD Warrior
ZX7
Guild Leader

Postby InSoMNiaC on Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:09 pm

sorry for the offtopic post :shock:

everything you said nexus sounds good

that point system stuff sounds like it was taken from www.planetwarcraft.com 's clan page
InSoMNiaC

Postby d00r_mAt on Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:03 pm

alright thats kool
d00r_mAt

Postby terf bl on Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:56 pm

I am not totally sure about how WOW is run, but I did play another P2P in the past that sounds a fair bit like it. In the clans we did hae our gilds, but the best clans always had very specalized charecters, like 3 mega dmg warriors with a freez mage with really high frz skill and like another mage with a really high lvl magic skill. so idealy, the ppl in the dueling teams should really work together and kinda make a group strategy vs a single strategy. the other points given were great and cant wait for WOW!
terf bl

Postby Ten_midgar on Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:56 pm

i was thinkin of forming a guild recently but decided to check out some current wow guilds. i found it interesting how some here seem to be against organization, not being a MMORPG expert i dont know how well that will translate ingame. it does seem like a minority opinion tho

i check goa guidl + tfl from WCC and they seem fairly organized.

since BL has so many other games to run, how will u divide the time?
Arthas + ilidan = Ten Midgar!!! rofl
Ten_midgar

Postby Phi on Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:16 pm

Well since im new to BL and am quickly learning that this is the best thing that DA ever did and that this clan is so well organized and highly motivated. I dont think that time and structure will be even a small issue in the future as regards to WOW. I have 100% confidence that it will be a smooth transition into a new game.

hope that helps.
"Masterbation is like procrastination, its seems like a good idea untill you realize your only fucking yourself."
Phi

Postby InSoMNiaC on Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:44 pm

as far as organization goes we are still working that out but i can tell you that out of all the guilds you looked at im sure we already have a very big head start and we will be a great WoW clan.
InSoMNiaC

Next

Return to Public for Peasants