Rogue or priest??

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

Rogue or priest??

Postby Chaostheory on Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:01 pm

Well right now im grouped with a Warrior and a Mage. I have seen rizwan owning alliance with his rogue, but i havent seen any priest pks. I was wondering can priest pvp. And also, if i was to choose rogue, whats the best weapon combo. Sword/Sword | Dagger/Dagger | or any other suggestions would be very helpful.

I was also wondering... What class BL lacks in. Im currently on illdan lvl 23 Warrior... but, for some reason i find it boring and was looking to find a class that would help in my group and could be a PvP destroyer.
Chaostheory

Postby malavant on Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:36 pm

both priest and rogue do much better than a warrior in pvp. you see riz killing people cuz he likes to take pictures of his kills ;) That and he's on enough that he has time to do that kinda stuff.

If you always want to be able to get a group, play a priest. there are NEVER enough priests playing this, or any, game. Rogues do good damage, but their damage is completely gear dependant.

And for a rogue, you probably want a dagger in your main hand with the highest max damage (not necessarily max DPS), but for the offhand it's pretty much up to you.

BL can always use more priests....and we got tons of rogues (like 10 of them, heh)
Dammit, I shoulda been a night elf
malavant

Postby nut on Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:26 am

It all depends on your playstyle.

Rogues are nicely suited for soloing. I tend to solo a lot whenever I'm on, which is why I'm playing a rogue.

Rogues are a bit less group friendly than all the other classes. We cannot heal. We have no form of CC (sap only works on non-combat mobs). We have no utility or buff spells.

PvP-wise, we're great 1v1, but you wont see us do much in large scale PvP raids. We dont have the hp or armor to be in the front line with the warriors, nor the range to be in the back with the casters/hunters. Most likely the rogues are either out scouting or trying to figure a way to circle around the back to the enemy casters.

Rogue weapon combo depends mainly on how you want to play your rogue and setup your talents. There are those that build their rogues to stun-lock their opponents.... those that do massive DoT damages.... those that deal massive openening/closing attacks.... those that do a steady pace of damage.

As for which class to play, I'd say to play whatever class suits your playstyle the best. You're going to be stuck with your character for a while, so play something that you'll enjoy.
nut

Postby ZX7 on Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:17 am

I'll start taking more SS's so you can see some priest pks :P
Zxtreme 70 UD Priest
Zxtasy 60 UD Warrior
ZX7
Guild Leader

Postby Chaostheory on Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:36 pm

Thanks alot guys. It looks like priest is my final decision.
I really look forward to PvPing with you guys, and i hope to lvl fast with my WoW addiction.

P.S.: Hope to see some nice pk's Zx :D
Chaostheory

Postby scynthia on Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:56 am

Rouge! sorry im bias :)
scynthia

Postby Memk on Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:15 pm

i think you will enjoy your selection of a priest. You have so much versatility and hey its nice to be in demand. You may not level as quickly with a priest but in the long run you will enjoy your choice im sure.
Memk

Postby RiZ on Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:57 pm

A rogue does have a group role, if you don't belive me ask ZX, I keep aggro off of the casters and can sometimes off-tank (use stam gear for instances). I can also sap and then have the warrior charge and use demoral shout right away and get all the aggro off of me.
Riz- lv 80 Orc DK (lol)
Rizwan- lv 70 BE Rogue
Rizwan- lv 60 Orc Rogue
Riz- lv 60 Gnome Warrior
RiZ

Postby Riphkin on Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:43 pm

I played a Rogue in beta, and I have to say they are one of the best all around classes. Solo, PvP and group.

Riphkin
Riphkin

Postby ZX7 on Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:15 pm

A rogue does have a group role, if you don't belive me ask ZX, I keep aggro off of the casters and can sometimes off-tank (use stam gear for instances). I can also sap and then have the warrior charge and use demoral shout right away and get all the aggro off of me.

As a priest you come to appreciate a good rogue, one who takes care of his priest :D

Riz always jumps on a mob that starts to bash me, its a rare thing to find players who know their role and let me do mine ^^ Same goes for mages, i've seen a few mages who do similiar stuff and you just appreciate it when you see it cuz its so rare.

The reason i say Priest over Rogue is...who wouldnt want 2 preists in a group? why would you want 2 rogues in a group when you could replace 1 with a mage who can CC incombat or a 2nd healer?
Zxtreme 70 UD Priest
Zxtasy 60 UD Warrior
ZX7
Guild Leader

Postby Tibs on Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:19 pm

got a pick of my first post 20 even fight (not being attacked by a ??), 22 NE Rogue attacked me, from behind and he lost. Imo, poorly played. He should've owned me.

and I agree with Riz, Rogues are great, sap is good, but isn't as great as poly. you open locks. I've already bipassed several locked chest 'cuz we didn't have a rogue along. They're great for pulling mobs off the casters, if they're paying attention.

I loved my beta rogue! But I'm also loving my priest. Though I'm much more a noob at the priest. Just hope BL can put up with me long enough to develop some insights into the class and my ability to drive the class. :)

See ya in game!

tibs out
Tibsdalai UD Priest lvl 60
101/150 Herbalism
75/150 Alchemy

Tibspeace Tauren Druid lvl 30
Tibsnooks Undead Mage lvl 18

The threshold between right and wrong is pain.
--His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Tibs

Yeah i agree

Postby smithers on Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:26 am

i agree with riz and ZX.. rogues play a good part in groups.... with their sleeps/stuns- and ability to hold some aggro when needed they make a good class to hve around.. also good for scouting around a corner to see what ur up against...

smithers

(ImBehideYou)
smithers

Return to Public for Peasants