Windwalker Monk Viability

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

Windwalker Monk Viability

Postby Valient on Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:26 am

Hi Guys

I am currently building a thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1181955-Windwalker-Improvement-Thread discussing whether or not Windwalker monks are truly a viable option for top end guilds come MoP and further more if they are not what could make them more viable.

I would love to get opinions from your guys as to whether you intend to include Windwalkers in your MoP roster and if you do not, why not and what might make you change your mind.

I am an EU based player and as such have no posting rights on the US beta forums (the only forum the devs seem to monitor) so if WW monks are struggling to get raid spots having someone who can take this to the US beta forums would be really helpful.

Thanks for reading
Valient

Re: Windwalker Monk Viability

Postby Acrol on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:04 am

They are our top melee on any single target fight
Spoonkins
Acrol

Re: Windwalker Monk Viability

Postby Valient on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:00 am

Understood.

My reason for raising this question is because, dps can and will vary, nerfs/buffs are easy to hotfix. The major concern that some of the community has right now is the lack of raid utility they bring. Other than a pretty weak Zen Meditation, they have no raid CD's to speak of and WW cleave/AoE is also pretty weak.

I will adjust my post on mmo to reflect single target dps as strong right now, but the basis of the post was never really a single target dps discussion it was more around what else they bring to the table.

If the worst happens and single target dps is throttled back, would a Windwalker bring enough to get a raid spot regardless?
Valient

Return to Public for Peasants