Warlock Rotation in MoP

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

Warlock Rotation in MoP

Postby Ksjones on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:53 pm

I was wondering if any of the warlocks had found a viable rotation for Affliction and/ or Demonology, i have played around with them both, and looked up rotations, but could not find a lot on it. Thanks!
Ksjones

Re: Warlock Rotation in MoP

Postby nightcharm on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:02 pm

Would love a viable rotation for demonology if shaddows or shinifae can give one for MoP (:
nightcharm

Postby Shinafae on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:25 am

Right now Affliction is bugged on Beta such that Nightfall does not generate Soul Shards. Because of this, it is difficult to get a feel for what a typical Affliction "rotation" will play like at this time. It is still very important, if not more so, to manage procs and cooldowns properly for this spec. We no longer let Agony fall off before reapplying ; in fact, to do so is a significant DPS loss.

I am going to be looking in to Demonology more closely in the coming weeks of raid testing.

I'm generally going to refrain from answering questions about spec optimisation until we are much closer to launch. There is an optimal way to play each spec currently, but it's not something that I'd worry about much because it will change significantly prior to MoP release. Look for some bug fixes and scaling adjustments in the next few Beta builds.
Shinafae

Postby nightcharm on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:59 am

Thank you for the reply all though i just recently swapped to affliction 10 minutes ago ^_^ im finding that im pulling around the same dps i was in demo around 30k on a dummy holding 24k for about 6 minutes i will be keeping up on your posts for ways to maximize that i use shadows rotation atm as he gave it to me in a message so id say im doing max damage for 394 ilvl with chalice still equipped -_-
nightcharm

Postby Shinafae on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:58 am

Hi nightcharm,

I did the following trials in Affliction on beta for development purposes, mainly to find a few bugs still present in our class mechanics at this time. However, you can look over them if you like and see if you can glean anything useful.

Nonbuffed target dummy with CoE trials, 423 ilvl.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/slp3tpesf69dq0cs/
Shinafae

Postby nightcharm on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:01 pm

Thank you very much shinifae i did gather some useful things from those logs (:
nightcharm

Return to Public for Peasants