Fire Mage Crit / Haste Soft Caps

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

Fire Mage Crit / Haste Soft Caps

Postby Ticonphi on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:16 pm

I understand the reasoning behind the 25% Haste cap... But when the BL mages log off in their fire gear/spec I see you guys at ~17%... 5% from raid buffs but where is the other 3% :/ What am I missing? (Stolen Time 4pc?)

Also I have been trying to look up if there is a crit cap... The only thing I can find is an OLD post about 23.34% which doesn't make since... (they trolling or I'm just missing something again?) and the BL Fire mages, again, log out with ~27% ish... and then there is critical mass and glyphs to take into account. What 27% special?
Ticonphi

Re: Fire Mage Crit / Haste Soft Caps

Postby Coogz on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Pretty sure they're just logging out in their full best in slot gear. Are you in BiS gear and comparing your stats to theirs?
Coogz

Postby Ticonphi on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:10 pm

Coogz wrote:Pretty sure they're just logging out in their full best in slot gear. Are you in BiS gear and comparing your stats to theirs?

I'm just wondering how to reforge my gear to finish up my heroic progression. Is there a soft cap for haste / crit I should be shooting for? Or does haste scale linearly with no diminishing returns? Same with crit. I know the priority is haste over crit but what should I aim for with both?
Ticonphi

Postby Ticonphi on Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:02 am

I'm currently sitting at the hit cap, at the haste that I need to get 25% with the 5% buff and full stacks of Stolen Time and everything else is in Crit. Is there a point at which Crit has a diminishing return and I should start getting more haste or is it just crit all the way to 5.0 release? Is there a so called Soft-Cap for Crit? Some combination of Critical Mass / Glyphs / Frost Talents / Elemental Oath and my crit rating that makes more crit undesirable?

(Decided to rephrase my initial question, sorry. I don't play mages much, it's an alt-alt-alt-alt... I mainly heal) O.o
Ticonphi

Postby Coogz on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:16 am

dont worry about reaching any caps. just remember hit to cap>crit>haste on your reforging. The only point haste has DR is during lust/heroism if you casting speed falls under 1 second due to the 1 second gcd.
Coogz

Postby Ticonphi on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:28 pm

Thanks Coogz for both of your replys. :)
Ticonphi

Return to Public for Peasants