For shinafae(aff)

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

For shinafae(aff)

Postby Daesh on Tue May 08, 2012 3:45 am

what am i doing wrong i lost to a rogue in pvp gear!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g5j2 ... dashboard/
Daesh

Re: For shinafae(aff)

Postby Shadows on Tue May 08, 2012 6:40 pm

Enchant gloves, I noticed your Will of Unbinding stacks dropping randomly during alot of fights, due to movement possibly, you should consider always casting something while moving ie. dot refresh, fel flame, etc.

Morchok - played destruction, didn't use Bane of Havoc on the other target, didn't line up 4 piece soulburn soul fires with Power Torrent/ Lightweave procs, No doomguard. Consider watching pet uptime as well, wasn't attacking after some Black Phases, you might want to have some attack macro to make it attack the boss.

Yor'sahj - Need better up times on DoTs, haunt is only 80% uptime, which is understandable if you're moving alot to kill the globules, but you should be able to keep a range between the ooze you're killing and the boss. Suggest putting UA, Corr, BoA on mana voids to soul swap from to get more effective damage on the globules. Keeping your pet on the boss full time is a damage increase, he might've been on assist to have done damage to the globule, unless if you manually switched him.
Again work on trying to use 4 piece with your procs, this fight is annoying however because I generally save Soulburn SoC for the black phase adds, but it seems your strat was to kill the black ooze.

Zon'ozz - Played Destruction again, Need to find a way to track DoT's better to keep better uptimes. Need to watch cooldowns better as far as Chaos Bolt and Conflagrate. Missed 4 possible chaos bolts in the total time as well as a possible 5 more conflagrates (which is huge for your damage), but the chaos bolt might be due to moving (I assume). If you are able to stand in melee range for a majority of the fight I'd suggest doing that and Shadowflaming on cooldown as this is a DPS increase. Your first soulburn was a little late after your procs. You could've popped your Doomguard earlier, since the fight is rather short, you should focus on watching how long the boss has to live and timing your Doomguard with that, however try to use it with your Velocity trinket proc (which you did)

Hagara - This fight is a pain, definitely line up cooldowns for the burn phase if possible, make sure you're shadowflaming on cooldown especially when there is ice tombs, soulburn seed isn't a bad idea, I'm not sure how long the tombs actually live in 10 man. I'd like to comment more on this fight but it just sucks in my opinion.

Ultraxion - Logs on this fight are generally buggy, unless if you upload it yourself. This is the tank and spank fight, can be annoying sometime with RNG from fading, but it is easy to cope with this. But from what I noticed your uptimes are low, 20 seconds the boss didn't have Haunt up is a big deal. Shadow Embrace fell off during Execute, you should find a way to watch ticks so you can properly clip your Drain Soul to refresh Haunt while in Execute range. Again Shadowflaming on cooldown during this fight is a DPS increase. Your Doomguard didn't get the Velocity buff when you casted it, not sure if this was because of internal cooldown interference from trash or what, because the proc itself came fairly late.

Warmaster Blackhorn - very good fight for warlocks to use multi-dotting. I generally begin the fight by popping all cooldowns on the edge of the boat as the first drake flies in, get a full round of dots to soul swap to the other drake, while they are gone you are free to dot the melee adds and shadowflame them as well, this fight is a great multi-target fight as should be treated as such. Make sure you have some way to track all your dots on the adds. You also had your doomguard too close to Warmaster, so his disrupting roar was interrupting his casts, probably why he only did 80k in Doom Bolts.

Spine - Keep dotting the amalgamation as necessary, break stuns if necessary, try to soul swap from the amalgamation to the tendon if you want maximize tendon damage (very important on heroic) consider using the Bottled Wishes on use trinket with Demon Soul cooldown on tendons. This fight is very annoying and strat dependent if you have any specific questions ask them.

Overall, find a way to keep better uptimes on Dots and find a way to watch procs and cooldowns better, just need practice.

Edit: I'll look over this more when my brain isn't as fried from finals, I'm sure something is amiss.
Shadows

Postby Sinnermighty on Tue May 08, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi Shinafae.
Sinnermighty

Postby Cirax on Tue May 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Sinnermighty wrote:Hi Shinafae.

Sup qt
Cirax

Postby Shadows on Tue May 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Just wait for her to write you a wall of text then
Shadows

Postby Daesh on Tue May 08, 2012 11:11 pm

ty shaddows i think u covered everything i will try that out today! =) and if shinafae needs to add something plz do!
and do yeah have any macros that i can use.
Daesh

Postby Shinafae on Wed May 09, 2012 3:14 pm

Sorry for the late reply - I've been busy with graduating from university and the attendant obligations that brings. Shadows did a good job of looking through your logs, and I will add a few things.

Shadows wrote:Enchant gloves, I noticed your Will of Unbinding stacks dropping randomly during alot of fights, due to movement possibly, you should consider always casting something while moving ie. dot refresh, fel flame, etc.

If you drain soul until Haunt's cooldown is refreshed and then clip it properly for Haunt's recast, it's fairly likely that your WoU stacks will fall. Mash your DS button a few times during the channel to rectify this. You should be doing so anyhow in most cases in order to force the DS to take advantage of procs.

You could've popped your Doomguard earlier, since the fight is rather short, you should focus on watching how long the boss has to live and timing your Doomguard with that, however try to use it with your Velocity trinket proc (which you did)

Endeavour to avoid using a Doomguard immediately prior to a black phase on this fight, because his AI is terrible and he will spend half of his uptime attempting to reach the tentacles that you are multidotting rather than attacking a single target. This is because he favours attacking your current *target*, regardless of the debuffs you have active on that target (contrary to the tooltip) or whether or not you are casting at something else via focus cast macros.

Hagara - This fight is a pain, definitely line up cooldowns for the burn phase if possible, make sure you're shadowflaming on cooldown especially when there is ice tombs, soulburn seed isn't a bad idea, I'm not sure how long the tombs actually live in 10 man.

There are only two tombs on ten man so the soulburn seed isn't going to be a huge benefit, but it's still worth doing in my opinion over activating soulburn for the vuln phases (you never have time for both). Affliction is ill-suited to take advantage of Hagara's very brief vulnerability, and the majority of that time will be spent reapplying dots anyhow. Thus, I suggest that you not bend your cooldown planning out of shape for vuln phases, and prioritise lining up cooldowns as normal when you know you will have good uptime on the boss. If the timing of the fight works out well, you can cooldown through the final vuln with execute and see perhaps two very nice drain soul ticks under its effects.

Ultraxion - Shadow Embrace fell off during Execute, you should find a way to watch ticks so you can properly clip your Drain Soul to refresh Haunt while in Execute range. Again Shadowflaming on cooldown during this fight is a DPS increase. Your Doomguard didn't get the Velocity buff when you casted it, not sure if this was because of internal cooldown interference from trash or what, because the proc itself came fairly late.

Prioritise Haunt refreshes during execute on this fight much as you would on say, the Ragnaros phase 3. There's a bit of RNG for "movement" phases in which you will be briefly unable to cast, and because of this, you want early Haunts to ensure SE uptime. Shadowflame on cooldown only until execute range. A nice trick for a bit of extra dps post-execute range is to Shadowflame as your final action before hitting Heroic Will. Because you no longer use the spell in a rotation at this point, it's a powerful instant that should always be up. Finally, don't be afraid to send your pet in and not cast for the last 2 minutes of the trash gauntlet in order to protect your haste trinket's cooldown.

Spine - Keep dotting the amalgamation as necessary, break stuns if necessary, try to soul swap from the amalgamation to the tendon if you want maximize tendon damage (very important on heroic) consider using the Bottled Wishes on use trinket with Demon Soul cooldown on tendons. This fight is very annoying and strat dependent if you have any specific questions ask them.

Warlocks are utterly horrid for stun breaking, so if you need to be put on this job, god help your guild.
For tendon DPS, ensure that your cooldowns are active before your initial soul swap hits the tendon, or the DoTs will not immediately benefit from them. Be sure to be in Shadowflame range. Depending on the rate of DPS to the tendon and your own haste rating, start your Drain Soul channel at about 30 percent and mash the button. Drain Soul is on roughly the same tick timer as UA/Corruption. Commencing the channel a bit early will often earn you an extra tick as long as you can "renew" it via button mashing at sub 25 percent health prior to the first tick.

do yeah have any macros that i can use.

/petattack
/petfollow
/cast [@focus] Spell Lock

^
I find that these are the most objectively important macros you'll need. Outside of this, it's really up to playstyle. Most people like to macro their cooldowns together, e.g.,

/cast Demon Soul
/use Blood Fury
/use 10
/use 13

In order to use racial, engineering gloves, DS, and trinket together. However, this isn't always the best course of action and if you go this route, I recommend seperately binding anything with a non-2 minute cooldown as well, as it will frequently be the case that you'll want to use say, the 1 min CD engi gloves and not the 2 min CD DS due to anticipated fight length.

For my part I macro my entire DPS rotation to focus and use this to multidot without the need to constantly retarget my focus. I'm sure others have their own macros that help them. Setting up your keybinds/UI/macros is very personal and all about custom tailoring the interface to your playstyle so that you can do what you need to do, when you need to do it, with no time loss. As long as you are able to do this, your setup is fine.
Shinafae

Postby Daesh on Wed May 09, 2012 3:44 pm

ty shinafea for the response! :D
Daesh

Postby nadrii on Wed May 09, 2012 5:11 pm

Shadows, that hurt from all the way over here.

ROFL
nadrii

Postby Shinafae on Wed May 09, 2012 5:30 pm

nadrii wrote:Shadows, that hurt from all the way over here.

ROFL

:?: I don't get it. :<

@ Daesh : You're welcome.
Shinafae

Postby Shadows on Wed May 09, 2012 5:33 pm

nadrii wrote:Shadows, that hurt from all the way over here.

ROFL

Sorry you're usually right next to me not taunting for roots so i don't know where "over here" is.
Also I knew Shinafae would fill in the gaps of stuff I missed... team player
Shadows

Postby Riggnaros on Wed May 09, 2012 6:01 pm

Shadows wrote:
Sorry you're usually right next to me not taunting for roots so i don't know where "over here" is.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHA

lmfao
Riggnaros

Postby Daesh on Wed May 09, 2012 10:11 pm

i got rigg on my post WOOOOOOOOOOT!
Daesh

Postby Shinafae on Thu May 10, 2012 12:39 am

Daesh wrote:i got rigg on my post WOOOOOOOOOOT!

Rigg has a lock too, you should totally ask him for some pointers. =D
Shinafae

Return to Public for Peasants