hc spine resto shaman threat issues

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

hc spine resto shaman threat issues

Postby pertysham on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:44 am

i'm a resto shaman in a 10 man progression guild. we're working on progression for heroic spine but by the time we get to the third plate i'm generating more threat on the bloods then our druid and war tanks can keep off me. i've tried poping my elementals to drop some of the threat on my self but to no avail.
so i'm wondering if there may be any advice any one could give to try an help with this issue.
pertysham

Re: hc spine resto shaman threat issues

Postby Xariis on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:04 am

Healers will always have threat at some point with only 2 tanks, Bloods should only be on you as they spawn and if tanks are quick should only be for 1-2 melee swings, And with a warrior tank in there kiting, It should only be an issue when hes at the back of the spine. Also in 10 man the tank should be able to stay on the raid till 1st pop 3rd plate anyway, and then the druid helps pick up bloods when he goes to the back.
Xariis

Re: hc spine resto shaman threat issues

Postby pertysham on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:23 am

thats a bit of the issue we're having is i dont get threat as they spawn its after they spawn when our war tanking is kiting them and i'm standing on our bear tank and hes using aoe attacks to try an keep them almost specifically off me. so far our main causes of wipes have been-plate not being takenin out in 2 lifts(rare), some one flying off when he rolls(rarer), or my resto butt becoming blood food(way to common).
my raid leader was saying the other night that there is an issues with how resto an ele mana regen works an that it can gen more threat then actually hit an add alot of the time. i have no idea how true it is though.
i do broadcast all of our raids(7-10pst tue, thur, sun) at www.twitch.tv/Pertygaming if there was interest in trying to get a better look at what maybe going on.
pertysham

Return to Public for Peasants