@Shinafae Affliction Question

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

@Shinafae Affliction Question

Postby Argon on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:37 pm

Hello, I am looking for some advice with Affliction, as the title reads. I have taken an interest in my warlock recently, and I feel like I could do more dps then I currently do. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... gon/simple is my gear. On Ultraxion I did 21k dps which I feel is somewhat low for my gear. So I was just curious as to if I'm reforging, Enchanting, gemming etc. right. And what is the rotation. I feel as if I have it down, but I would like to know the 'official' rotation.
Argon

Re: @Shinafae Affliction Question

Postby Shinafae on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:02 pm

Hello Argon,

In matters of rotation, please refer to community websites such as Elitist Jerks class forums to learn the basics. I recommend this site because the theorycraft behind the established rotations is also discussed, and it is important to have a solid grounding in theory in order to improve.

Also, please review the suggestions on gearing given in the spec guide threads on EJ. The biggest issue with your gearing that I can see upon quick review is that you reforge into stats that are not hit, and then gem and enchant hit where you'd be much, much better served gemming and enchanting int. Also, for Affliction PvE, the stat priority is typically int > sp > hit (to cap) > haste > crit > mastery. Please keep this in mind with your reforging and gemming choices.

FInally, I notice that you have not levelled inscription to the point where you can make use of its profession bonus, and your second profession, Herbalism, provides a marginal boost to DPS at best. I'd suggest replacing Herbalism with Blacksmithing, Engineering, Jewelcrafting, Enchanting, LW, or Alchemy and levelling your Inscription ASAP for the shoulder patch.
Shinafae

Re: @Shinafae Affliction Question

Postby Argon on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:53 pm

Ty for the advice I shall look into it. Also Thanks for taking time to answer my question ^_^.
Argon

Return to Public for Peasants