Affliction Warlock H Ultrax Q.

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

Affliction Warlock H Ultrax Q.

Postby Lillyth on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:14 am

I usually parse decently well compared to other affliction warlocks, but seem to have trouble with Ultrax. This is my best parse on 10-man H Ultrax.http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-71ot7r4a0602498h/sum/damageDone/?s=13890&e=14180 I am familiar with what other forums say about optimal openers for affliction, but am still wondering the best way. What can I do differently or improve on? Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-venture-co/Lillyth/simple
Lillyth

Re: Affliction Warlock H Ultrax Q.

Postby Shinafae on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Hello Lillyth,

I looked through your logs, and the damage over time graph shows that you don't gain much damage at all during execute range. Upon further investigation, it seems that you do not save your cooldowns - Demon Soul, second pot, 4pc, and so on, for execute - these buffs all expired shortly before you cast your first Drain Soul channel. Properly lining up your cooldowns will make a huge difference in your numbers.

Additionally, it seems that you only used your 4-pc four times, despite the fight length easily accomodating six uses. Ensure that you are maximising your cooldown usage - 4pc buff incidentally lines up well with power torrent and every other Lightweave.

Do note that your logs are bugged due to Ultraxion's phase-shift mechanic, meaning that you could have been using cooldowns and I can't see it on the log because the logger was in a different phase than you when you used said CD. For the most accurate result, always log this fight yourself.

Best of luck,
Shina
Shinafae

Re: Affliction Warlock H Ultrax Q.

Postby Lillyth on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:43 pm

Thanks, this helps a lot. I'll definitely work on lining up my CDs better and see how that works out. :)
Lillyth

Return to Public for Peasants