@Zoomkins

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

@Zoomkins

Postby Ivanv9 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:29 pm

A question regarding old days from Burning Crusade, if you played this time, please can you answer my doubt about how balance druids are good in this time, I'm talking about damage and raid requirement.
Ivanv9

Re: @Zoomkins

Postby Zoomkin on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:46 pm

Kind of an odd question but, Balance druids WERE not viable during burning crusade because of many factors in class and spec design. Their threat and spell coefficients were extremely low for such long casts and had 0 cooldowns or talents that benefited them for stacking a stat. Simply put in Burning crusade you could only cast Starfire because all your other spells were lower coefficients of damage compared to other spell of the same casting speed from other classes.

Now days, all of this has been overhauled. During Wrath of the Lich King the developers working on the balance spec changed the spec and it's dynamic multiple times. I feel now in cataclysm they have found a decent basework to improve on and change. Balance druids went from being a snowflake buff class to a permanent raid spot in every guild.

Now, at the end of cataclysm and enter MoP they do competitive dps to other hybrid classes and just under pure dps classes depending on the boss situations. Most comparable to shadow priests in damage. They are a class you would have a couple of in a raid but not stack unless there was a mechanic in a raid were and ability would exploit that weakness.

In Mists of Pandaria they are getting an overhaul on rotation and dps cooldowns. Right now the diparity of a good moonkin compared to a great moonkin is high. This is because there are many small factors in dot and eclipse management which can help you squeeze out a couple thousand dps. In Mists the dps rotation is simplified and it becomes more about cooldown management. They will be an extremely viable single target dps class as well as burst aoe.

I hope this answers your question in a way since you asked about the difference from old moonkin to new moonkin, kinda unsure what you want to know specifically lol.
Zoomkin

Postby Ivanv9 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:00 am

Firstly, thank you for the attention and you time spent explaining this! I've asked this, because I've started to play WoW in the end of Burning Crusade and on my raid had a balance druid I remembered but I didn't know if he was bad or the spec is bad. Now you've cleared my doubt about it.
Ivanv9

Postby Eclairs on Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:45 pm

For raid DPS it was better to bring an extra Warlock in place of one and the buffs/flexibility Feral provided to melee were no contest at the time. Balance was a little better for damage than Feral though, and they were the only source of 5% crit from Moonkin aura. Spoiled Warlocks would get a Shadowpriest, Elemental Sham, and a Moonkin.
Eclairs

Return to Public for Peasants