@ Boomkin community

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

@ Boomkin community

Postby Shmeksi on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:52 am

Ok, so i am in a top raiding guild in Europe. Nothing to hide, i am a member of Solidarity on outland and the toons name is Shmeksi. I have been told i need to push out some ranks etc. Anyways, to cut a long story short. I would like some conversation or just to see how you do things. I have seen youtube videos, but as for that would also like to ask.

This is the armory link http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/o ... i/advanced

This is our log from last night when i raided 1st time with the gear i have on atm. I was mainly way under geared compared to other people. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/yi37be4fc1pe4jub/

I am looking at for example on Morchok and Ultraxion for some help. This attempt at ultraxion was really bad cuz i had sated when they bloodlusted at the start from hagara due to dying. Anyways, i get bloodlust late for the healers and ended up dying cuz i tried to take the most out of it and the computer / lag or just late pressing got me killed 20s prio to the end of the fight. Due to my haste being lower and many things i am trying to do the following. Because i do not get into a new eclipse while having eclipsed dots up i try to replace the eclipsed dots before eclipse runs out, so i dont have like 2 casts of Starfire or Wrath withous IS up or dots. Might be a dps loss, but i found it give me some "extra numbers" i might be imagining or gear scaling. Anyways, thats the problem, plus i cant click at 0.3s to hour of twilight cuz of latency, so i always click at 1s or so to be safe.

On morchok if you could check the log and see if u find anything wrong i would really appreciate it. I have Lunar shower for that fight due to soaking crystals and a lot of movement.

Gear wise, are u using cunning of the cruel vs insignia on fights other than ultraxion and morchok and zonoz?

I would really appreciate your help on this, and if your fellow boomkins have some idea or a tip i would really appreciate it.
Shmeksi

Re: @ Boomkin community

Postby Acrol on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:36 pm

Hello Shmeksi,
I've identified a couple things you could do to improve your dps on the Morchok log from this week.
With 4T13 you should be getting AT LEAST 6 starsurges per minute (60/10=6 etc..) and with shooting stars procs that number should end up being higher than that realistically. In your log you only cast 21 on a 4 minute fight. The only time I hold SS is if I'm one cast away from eclipse with 4T13, and overall I'd still average above 6 SS per minute. You also have 14 seconds of combined downtime between sunfire and IS. Looking at your timeline for debuff activity, there are 2 large gaps where the boss didn't have moonfire on him. Make sure to watch your boss timer for Morchok's pull in to get new dots on him.
Cheers,
Acrol
Last edited by Acrol on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoonkins
Acrol

Postby Shmeksi on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:46 pm

Hmm, I need to do something about that SS, its awful.
Any idea on the ultraxion fight ? Except gettin unlucky with fading light 12039812309 times. :)

I greatly appreciate your input mate.
Shmeksi

Postby Acrol on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Hello Shmeksi,
Ultraxion is a really hard fight to look at considering the logging is messed up from the twilight realm. That being said you're looking for a target range of~30 starsurges during a 5 minute fight. You had 26 which is something to improve upon. DoT uptime is lower than usual here but logging is terribly difficult for this boss so that is expected. Looking at your uptime for heroic will, you can cut the timers closer for more dps but many factors (fps and latency) can hinder that. Something we do for added dps on Ultraxion is get into solar on the last trash pack and do not proc natures grace. This makes for a stronger opener and is useful for most bosses.
Cheers,
Acrol
Spoonkins
Acrol

Postby Shmeksi on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:00 pm

Thanks mate, i appreciate the help! Hope all is well within Blood Legion! :) And gl in future races!
Shmeksi

Postby Shmeksi on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:06 pm

Soz, but i over looked a question i had. On ultraxion do u try to reply dots before exiting an eclipse or your haste allows u to let them wear of a cast or two prio to another eclipse if unlucky euphoria? Or is the GCS waste for those dots a big dps loss. Thoughts plox
Shmeksi

Postby Shmeksi on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:43 am

If possible would love a point of view on the ultraxion issue i am having. Reply dots before exiting an eclipse or the 2 gcd waste is to big of a dps loss ? If unlucky il have 2,3 casts to get into lunar w/o applying dots before exiting solar. It varies on euphoria and such.
Shmeksi

Return to Public for Peasants