@truefire/dexter

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

@truefire/dexter

Postby abzdaman on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:57 pm

Hey there, i was just wondering if you could audit some of my guild's hunters to see if they are optimizing their dps.
thank you.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Bigboii/advanced
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Rogface/advanced
abzdaman

Re: @truefire/dexter

Postby kaeXo on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:04 am

I'm not Dexter or Truefire, but if I may... Bigboii needs to upgrade his The Hungerer trinket to the VP Kiroptyric Sigil trinket. Survival Hunters are DPS leaders right now, but Marksman still lead the way in burst DPS and there are some very important phases when a Survival Hunter could really use some OnDemand DPS, especially with when you take into consideration the low cooldown timer of 1 minute ( and reforge the haste to crit). Also, it looks like he needs to reforge the Haste on his Belt of the Beloved Companion and Signet of Grasping Mouths to Mastery. Another tiny thing would be to rethink his reforging. 0.13% over the Hit cap is avoidable. It's small, but it adds up just like the extra 10 Agility you gain from each epic gem upgrade. Additionally, and this is more for if he decides to upgrade to some Delicate Queen's Garnet gems on his Rended Earth Leggings, but those Deadly Ember Topaz gems (+20/+20 Agility/Crit with the +30 Agility slot bonus) aren't the best idea either. Even if he upgraded them to some +25/+25 Agility/Crit epic gems to ensure he still satisfies the +30 agility bonus, he's getting a total of +80 Agility and +50 Crit rather than +100 Agility straight up. +20 Agility > +50 Crit as a Survival Hunter because we get a +15% Agility bonus, plus a +2% bonus from Hunting Party, not to mention a +5% bonus from wearing mail, and another +5% from raid buffs (which all stack manipulatively). I may even go so far as to switch his +65 Crit cloak enchant to +22 Agility (dex might disagree with me here).

Shit... I gotta go.. I didn't even look at the other one.
Correct me if I'm wrong Dex...

Hell... I'd actually appreciate an audit myself. =]

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/i ... o/advanced
My YouTube Channel
My Facebook Profile Add me if you like! =]
Click on my sig below for a brief gaming history.
I had to make it for a low level webdesign class using notepad so don't laugh!

kaeXo

Re: @truefire/dexter

Postby Truefire on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:40 pm

Both hunters need to be following this stat priority:
Hit to 8% (Without going too much over)>Crit>Mastery>Haste

Currently, both seem to be doing Crit>Haste>Mastery.

With the recent buffs to Survival, it is easily the most dominant spec. There is almost no reason to be playing any other spec, even for spine heroic as Survival provides the most burst with Lock and Load procs timed properly. I would not by the VP trinket unless you're working on Spine Heroic, and in that case, it is very good. Also, Rogface needs to be using the kill shot glyph over the serpent sting glyph. I don't see very much else wrong with their armories, just quick simple fixes. If you want me to analyze to a greater extent, I will need some worldoflogs links.
Truefire

Return to Public for Peasants