@Shinafae (Lock Help)

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

Re: @Shinafae (Lock Help)

Postby Bbasher on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:15 am

Hey shina,

got the belt from LFR Zon'ozz but currently have the one off of Valor, I wasnt sure if it was worth the minor loss in intellect to pick up double the haste I would be getting from the VP belt. Please let me know what you think.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stonemaul/Wbasher/advanced
Bbasher

Postby Shinafae on Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:59 pm

Try to obtain your stat weights for Intellect, haste, mastery, and crit via simulationcraft, and then compare. My gut tells me that the higher item level belt has significantly more intellect, even with the one blue socket, and that you thus want to keep it. Don't take my word for it though - get your actual scaling factors and do the maths.

By the way, haste breakpoint for your race as destro is 2681. You're close, but not quite there.
Shinafae

Postby Bbasher on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:55 pm

well i got the normal tier pants finally and I got over the destro haste cap, I was just more wondering if the difference in haste from the LFR http://www.wowhead.com/item=78398 vs http://www.wowhead.com/item=77179 and with the extra 20 int from a red gem its 21 int loss but about a 117 haste increase. That is why I wasn't a 100% sure what I would be better off with. And with the 10man alt run kinda going badly this week we weren't even able to kill yor'sahj a 2nd time due to lack of healing. So I'm not 100% sure but I feel the haste would be a bit more beneficial but then again idk how much of a dps loss the 21 int is. I still have to do the simcraft and check the weight. But that is what I am referring to so that was why I was hesitant on not using it. Anyways I'll check out the simcraft and I'll see what I figure out.

Thanks again.
Bbasher

Postby Shinafae on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:16 pm

Running your stat weights here will be your best option. Generally it's worth a slight int hit to attain a haste plateau in Destro, but this final haste plateau only pertains to an extra tick on Immolate -during Bloodlust/Heroism,- which means that the trade-off in this case may not be worth it. Simulating both gearsets with a high number of iterations will yield the most productive answer for you.
Shinafae

Postby Bbasher on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:47 pm

question about best in slot rings, is it going to be the Infinite Loop/Ring of the Riven Heroic, or is it Ring of the Riven/ Infernal Signet of the Avengers? As I have looked up a few BiS lists and I have seen Infinite Loop/Ring of the Riven as the top 2 but i looked up top locks and they aren't using the Infinite Loop. Just curious if they just had bad luck or if the Infernal Signet is better.
Bbasher

Postby Shadows on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:50 pm

Bad luck, the Infinite Loop ring is a random drop.
But BiS rings are Heroic Ring of the Riven and Heroic Infinite Loop.
Shadows

Postby Coogz on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:25 am

hi basher
Coogz

Postby Bbasher on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:59 am

hey what up coogz, been a long time. How ya been? Haven't seen you since Rofllobster and Toiletduckie days haha on Silvermoon, man those were good times.

Thanks, wanted to make sure, i didn't think the loss in intellect was worth the gain in haste but was double checking.
Bbasher

Postby Bbasher on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:33 pm

curious as to what you use for proc timers, maybe proculas or power auras?
Bbasher

Postby Shadows on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:15 pm

I use Power Auras to watch procs and I use NeedtoKnow to track ICDs
Shadows

Postby Shinafae on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:34 pm

Bbasher wrote:curious as to what you use for proc timers, maybe proculas or power auras?

Quartz Proc module. I just add the procs that I want to track and give each a distinctive colour.
Shinafae

Postby Bbasher on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:09 am

ok cool, some good ideas. Thanks a lot. You guys are so nice and curtious really appreciate all the help you guys have given me.
Bbasher

Postby Bbasher on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:32 pm

hey coogz, if you wanna chat at all hit me up on Real ID: Inudraggun01@sbcglobal.net and as well as any others who I may know or want to add me haha. Sinnermighty, Shinafae, Shadows, Troyzilla, Juveynile wouldnt mind adding you for some warrior/warlock help if your interested. And with what I read in the Cartoonz forum post, pvp is dead and I would like to try and PvP more on my warrior/lock so if you are ever bored and wanna do battlegrounds again add me and I'll run some with ya.
Bbasher

Previous

Return to Public for Peasants