@ Brightleaf or any badass Elemental Shamans

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

@ Brightleaf or any badass Elemental Shamans

Postby Xatu on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:15 pm

Hello, I am Xatu from Stormrage, I have been playing an Elemental Shaman since post WoTLK and I love it!!!
My goal is to be the best Elemental Shaman on my server!

My question is with this new tier and patch my dps is not as good as it use to be since Firelands. I have been low on charts on fights like Ultraxion and others. I do not know what I am doing wrong, perhaps its my rotation or my gear. If you have the time please do help me and let me know what I am doing wrong and if there are any useful addons/macros I should know about. I WILL TAKE CRITICISMS TO ANY EXTENT so please you do not have to be nice about it either. I will post one of my recent WoL's and my armory.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-f ... 398&e=9703

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... u/advanced

and yes I did do chain lightning on some single target fights but I know now that its not worth doing.

Again I look forward to hearing from you with your response and I thank you for your time.
Xatu

Re: @ Brightleaf or any badass Elemental Shamans

Postby Xatu on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:27 am

Xatu

Postby Yapi on Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:08 am

I see your problem, you don't have a staff!
Yapi

Postby Xatu on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:29 am

well I cant get the Legendary staff, then what would be a better choice? ... and are my parses any good?
Xatu

Postby Yapi on Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:17 am

To be honest i ment that as a troll =D but i suppose i'll do the best i can to help you.

I'm not the best ele shaman out there and my knowledge is a bit out of date, so if brightleaf comes in here and tells me i'm wrong listen to him.

I don't know if Gold is an issue for you or not, but i would suggest dropping Jewlcrafting for any other profession, however blacksmithing i currently the top profession. Swapping Jc for BS would be a large gain in intellect alone.

Near the end of last tier shamans where starting to move away from haste and into mastery, and with this tier's set bonuses i beleive mastery is almost even with haste (correct me if i'm wrong).

In short what i'm saying is you need a little more mastery, lets look at your uptime on Time Rupture from the first parse you listed to us (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-f ... 398&e=9703). As you can see it's about 51% (50.6% to be exact).

Now lets look at brightleafs uptime on Time Rupture on his top ultrax parse (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-u ... 512&e=5857). It is 74.6%. As you can see that is a drastic diffrence, for 23.3% of the fight he had 750 more haste rating then you.

Because of this he was able to get off 62 more lightning bolts (not counting mastery) in only 39 seconds of extra combat time. (Note this is with LESS haste rating then you have, he is currently running 16.91% to your 17.74%)

Brightleaf also has just over 600 more mastery rating than you, sure some of that is gear, but i would assume some more of it is simply the way he reforges.

Now i don't know what the exact values are for a ele shaman, or if there is some haste point you should be trying to hit, but try changing the reforging on your gear a bit. aim for a 17%ish haste (going by brightleaf's 16.91%) and move all those gained stat points into mastery.

So in short, gain a little more mastery if possible by dropping your haste to about 17%, and if you have the gold, drop jewlcrafting for Blacksmithing.

Try that out next week, see if you have any improvements, i'll tell brightleaf to double check what i said, but in the mean time tell me if that helps out any.

~
Yapi

Postby Xatu on Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:04 pm

I will do my best to change my haste/mastery, and yes, It will take a while to change professions because of gold but I will see what I can do. I have replaced some of my gear such my cloak and purchased the mastery one so that helped as well. I have also started using my necromatic focus again altough its the 378 one, nvr seen it drop in HM lol. Thank you again and hopefully it helps.
Xatu

Postby Xatu on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:47 am

bump still looking for more help
Xatu

Return to Public for Peasants