@Riggnaros

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

@Riggnaros

Postby Gren08 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:37 am

Alright, so I been playing around on my Blood DK a lot more recently. I've been reading around, browsing various sites on three main things.

First off, Avoidance or Mastery? I've been going for both, without sacrificing too much mastery that my shield just flat out sucks. Some people have been pulling for one or the other this tier, but what would be recommended?

Second off, Weapon. Is the Madness Sword that much better then the Axe from Yor'sahj? Seems like a lot of mastery and reforged crit->avoidance that's going to waste. I can understand looking at it from the viewpoint that the higher damage gives stronger Death Strikes in turn better blood shields, but... I'm torn on what to think.

Third is trinkets. Currently I'm running Spine dodge trinket and Valor trinket. I do have a Soulshifter Vortex I can use, but I personally have proc tank trinkets as you can't really time them when you need them the most. What are you opinions for tank trinkets this tier?

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.
Gren08

Re: @Riggnaros

Postby Riggnaros on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:01 am

Gren08 wrote:Alright, so I been playing around on my Blood DK a lot more recently. I've been reading around, browsing various sites on three main things.

First off, Avoidance or Mastery? I've been going for both, without sacrificing too much mastery that my shield just flat out sucks. Some people have been pulling for one or the other this tier, but what would be recommended?

Second off, Weapon. Is the Madness Sword that much better then the Axe from Yor'sahj? Seems like a lot of mastery and reforged crit->avoidance that's going to waste. I can understand looking at it from the viewpoint that the higher damage gives stronger Death Strikes in turn better blood shields, but... I'm torn on what to think.

Third is trinkets. Currently I'm running Spine dodge trinket and Valor trinket. I do have a Soulshifter Vortex I can use, but I personally have proc tank trinkets as you can't really time them when you need them the most. What are you opinions for tank trinkets this tier?

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

My views on mastery vs avoidance have not really changed from the ones posted in my EJ input:

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t125290-blo ... ost1809325

As far as the weapon, the Yor'saj 2h is best in slot. The only reason to use the Deathwing 2h is more for more damage output. I use a weapon swap macro between the two based on the amount of damage intake at the time.

Use the two trinkets I have equipped. The procs from both are massive for a Blood DK. I only swap the Vortexx to the TB resist trinket for Yor'saj.
Riggnaros

Postby Gren08 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!
Gren08

Postby Ragetrain on Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:17 am

Instead of creating a new thread, figured I would utilize this one to also ask you a question, Riggnaros.

So, I am Rãge from <The Horsemen> on Shadowmoon, you may know Dux who I tank with. (Depending on the time of day you read this, my reforges may be for hit/exp cap for non-raid nights)

Now, to the point, I've been reading around and doing some personal theorycrafting and comparisons with gemming between Mastery and Stamina. Personally I've seen, a majority being non-US, Blood DK's gemming for stamina (in some cases matching sockets, some straight up Lolites across the board).

tl;dr: I am curious what your opinion is on Mastery vs. Stamina?

Imo;
Personally the way I see DK mastery in regards to it being a block mechanism and comparing it to say a Paladin, raising mastery essentially raises the %blocked (again, in comparison to a block tank). Now, with this logic, to be "block capped" in the terms of having a shield for every melee attack, you would require the skill to have a DS ready for each and every melee (in most cases this is possible). Essentially, accomplishing this to it's full potential (being "block capped" as a DK) has a very high skill cap (and may even not be possible depending on Runic Empowerment procs and not having the runes to put a shield up).

However gemming for stamina instead (not to mention it raising the base healing of all that a DK has) allows for more leeway in regards to taking the occasional un-mitigated (by blood shield) hit and for when runes are on CD. For the most part, a majority of the initial bosses are not an issue when it comes to taking several melee hits in a row, but Warmaster on I can see Stamina coming ahead in terms of personal, and raid if un-glyphed VB, survivability.
Ragetrain

Return to Public for Peasants