@Riggnaros

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

@Riggnaros

Postby Rashnau on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:04 pm

Dear Riggnaros,

Please pretend you are Affinity for like 1min24sec and package and upload your UI. The bastardized version I made from screenshots of yours just isn't cutting it anymore.

-Wannabe-better blood DK
Rashnau

Re: @Riggnaros

Postby kaeXo on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:04 pm

The UI doesn't make the player. =]
My YouTube Channel
My Facebook Profile Add me if you like! =]
Click on my sig below for a brief gaming history.
I had to make it for a low level webdesign class using notepad so don't laugh!

kaeXo

Postby Rashnau on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:24 pm

Couldn't agree more, but a nice layout can aide with seeing things you did not see before.
Rashnau

Postby kaeXo on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Hit the nail on the head.

I was just brought back to the days of FPS gaming when lots of players would request professionals' config.cfg files (I think I still have my CoD and CS cfgs haha). They included certain graphics, network, and macro tweaks, which admittedly, did include a few very important tweaks (particularly 3 or 4 like update_rate and fps_max).

Overall though... configs, computers, mouses (yes, that's the correct plural), monitors, etc did increase a player's potential plateau, but nothing is ever a quick fix. Knowing the subtleties of a game is what really makes the player. If you don't know why you're doing what you're being told to do... you can't fully utilize the addons/interfaces/configs. Also... there is practice too... I guess. =] haha

Knowledge is power my friend. Don't get me wrong, I know you're asking for knowledge in the form of a well respected and talented player's setup, which when understood and used correctly significantly aids in performance.

I'm not trying to discourage you from trying out Rigg's UI, because it's obviously working well for him. I just wanted to stress it's better to use a stock UI with a strong understanding of your class than use an amazing UI with only a mediocre understanding of your classes's subtleties. For instance: fully reading, understanding, and correctly implementing the information found on some well respected WoW websites (elitest jerks A+) will make you a ten times better player than a new UI. Those guys have some really great info (and a TON of it) for every class/spec.

I suggest to anyone out there who hasn't visited their site, do so now. The guides are long and may seem daunting, but if you take the time to really study the material... you can be just as good as anyone else out there with even a mostly stock UI (well... limited by your intellectual capacity of course lol).

I will say, though, if you aren't even using the recount addon... you should probably start at a simpler website than EJ. lol

BTW--I'm not assuming you don't already know what you're doing and are simply looking for a fellow high level player's setup, I'm also posting this for anyone else who may read this, particularly those looking for the "quick fix UI".
Last edited by kaeXo on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My YouTube Channel

kaeXo

Postby Rashnau on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:01 pm

No worries m8. I have been blood the past 2 tiers and as you stated sometimes the smallest tweaks will just help you out that much more. A tank being able to see everything and anticipate potential incoming personal damage or raid damage or be able to predict when someone is about to do something stupid will only save a raid and earn that boss kill.

I have noticed that a few UI tweaks I have made have definitely allowed me to see fail occur, both on my part and other raiders and prevention was able to save that pull (except that one time i got globalled by warmaster right as IBF fell off....).
Rashnau

Postby Zoomkin on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:05 pm

Power auras
Zoomkin

Postby kaeXo on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:47 pm

<3 Yapi

paragraphs!
My YouTube Channel

kaeXo

Postby Riggnaros on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:03 am

Rashnau wrote:Dear Riggnaros,

Please pretend you are Affinity for like 1min24sec and package and upload your UI. The bastardized version I made from screenshots of yours just isn't cutting it anymore.

-Wannabe-better blood DK

Sorry, don't have a public version of the UI. I use the following addons:

Shadowed Unit Frames
Grid
Power Auras
Omen
DoTimer
Prat
Chocolate Bar / SL Data Text
Acherus Rune Mod
Tidy Plates: Threat Plates
Elkano Buff Bars
Bigwigs/DXE
Bartender
MSBT
Custom absorb mod

If you have any specific questions, let me know.
Riggnaros

Return to Public for Peasants