question for Shinafae

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

question for Shinafae

Postby shadowlora on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:16 pm

hi i dont know whether you have the time or not but im wondering if you could give me some advice i recently got into a higher lvl raiding guild on my server and for the love of god i dont know what im doing wrong i cant seem to pull more that 23k-33k depending on the fight. i recently went MS demo and made my afflic OS. i know your destro/afflic, but do you think its worth me reforging again and regemming and go afflic again ms?
my rotation for single boss fight is:-
demo + immo aura if in range
tinkets
coe
immo
hog
corr
bod
incinirate filler
and shodowflame if in range
and doomguard on bloodlust

my stats are:-
int - 6712
SP - 9973
haste - 1578
hitcapped
crit - 17.94%
mastery - 19.90%

heres a link to my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/thunderhorn/Shadowlora/simple
any help would be great, thank you in advance
shadowlora

Re: question for Shinafae

Postby Shinafae on Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:19 pm

Hello Shadowlora,

Without logs, it is difficult to say precisely what you can improve upon from the standpoint of your rotation. However, based upon your armoury, I suggest that you adjust your gemming, enchanting, and reforging to the following for Demonology :

http://chardev.org/?profile=298304

In essence, you want to maintain 1996 or slighty greater haste, and prioritise Mastery after that. Intellect is far and away your most valuable stat, so I changed your gems to net you quite a bit more INT. I strong encourage you to use epic gems where possible. particularly in BiS pieces like your cape, if budget is a concern.

Also, you are currently using a +30 Intellect enchant on your cape. There is a +50 intellect option that would suit you much better.

From what you have shared concerning your rotation, please consider the following

*Your moonwell chalice only applies its benefit to Meta if activated before the latter.
*It is not necessarly to use a global for CoE if a Balance Druid, Assassination Rogue, or Unholy Death Knight is also attacking your target; either way, you'd want to throw up CoE on the pull and before you Meta
*Immolation Aura takes a snapshot of your spellpower when it is cast and continues to use that value for its duration. If you are not concerned about getting off a second Immo Aura on multiple targets, wait a few seconds to cast the spell until all of your INT and SP procs are active.
*Always be in range for Shadowflame and Immolation Aura. It buffs not only your damage, but your Felhunter's as well. If you cannot be in range, play another spec.
*Doomguard does not interact with Bloodlust at all. Ideally, you will want to cast him at the beginning of the fight in daemon form when your pre-pot, Moonwell Chalice, Volcanic Destruction, and Power Torrent are running. The only haste effects that scale with him are those that change the haste rating in your character sheet, e.g., the proc off of Insignia of the Corrupted Mind.
*You want to roll a BoD cast in Meta with full buffs active for as much of the fight as possible.

To this end, I'd suggest the following opener, with felguard :
*Pre-potion
*Pre-pull shadow bolt (applies crit debuff)
*BoD (activate MWC on this global)
*Meta+Demon Soul macro
*FG Felstorm
*Immo
*Corr
*Shadowflame
[by now most if not all of your procs should be up]
*Immolation aura
*Soulburn a Felhunter, set it to attack your target
*Recast BoD before it reaches 45 sec on duration and before your procs fall
*Summon doomguard before any of your procs fall
*HoG (also buffs Immo to full-proc state)
*Standard priority rotation

Incidentally, I have not found Demonology to be useful or optimal on the encounters of this tier - Many feature multiple, long-lived targets, which is an area where Demonology is notably weak compared to the other two specs. I can see it being most useful on Yor'shaj with proper black globule RNG and possibly on Ultraxion, although I have had a better result on that fight with Affliction. Thus yes, I do think it would be worth reforging and regemming for Affliction - and grab some epic gems whilst you are at it !

Best of luck,
Shina
Shinafae

Postby shadowlora on Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:13 pm

thank you soooo much for the usefull advice, but seen as im most comfortable with afflic as ive always played it i think i will take your advice on regemming/reforging/enchanting would it be ok for me to post again here once ive got that done so if ive gone wrong somewhere and expert like yourself could give me a shove and tell me? or is that me pushing my luck? :S
shadowlora

Postby Shinafae on Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:11 pm

Feel free to let me know when you've changed your gear and I'll check it out.
Shinafae

Postby shadowlora on Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:38 am

ty so much ive now gone back afflic ms and re gemmed and everything and already theres a huge dps increase i went and ran the fall of deathwing LFR with a couple of my raider guildies and i was top 4 with them doing between 43k-47k dps depending on the fight, so hopefully im not gonna be bottom of the dps meters in tonights raid ^^
shadowlora

Postby shadowlora on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:35 pm

hey well i still sucked tonight, so im clearly doing something wrong, sorry if im taking up ur time :S

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/fa36 ... etails/12/

it sucks i dont have a ultraxion logs as i died and wasnt ressed :S
shadowlora

Postby Shinafae on Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:48 pm

Hi Shadowlora,

I looked over your logs quickly and from what I could see, on fights such as Warmaster Blackhorn, you were taking very little advantage of our ability to keep dots up on multiple targets for better damage. For example, you only had about 440 k damage overall on twilight assault drakes, whereas this number should be in the millions with proper execution (e.g., dotting them in the air). Your active time is also very low, which suggests you did a lot of running around without casting. Make sure you are always casting ! There are many targets in this fight, so you should be able to dot everything and still get around as needed with relatively little trouble.

In Madness of Deathwing, be sure you are multidotting EVERYTHING and taking full advantage of Spellweave. You should have more Bane of Agony damage than you do - remember that it ticks faster than our other DoTs and thus procs Spellweave more frequently.

Sadly I could not see your standard single-target rotation from these logs to comment upon that as you seemed to have died to Twilight Instability. :(

Your gearing and reforging looks top-notch, I would only suggest the Lavawalker enchant for general usage and epic gems when you can use them.

Hope that helps.
Shinafae

Postby shadowlora on Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:05 pm

thank you for ur great advice i shall start practicing multi dotting more and spam fel flame while running, or lifetap, if i need more help in the future i hope im ok to poke u on here again.

p.s Gratz to u all on ur kills and achieves ^^ pewpew!
shadowlora

Postby Shinafae on Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:22 pm

Not as much Fel Flame, but Shadowflame, Soul Swap, instant dots, moving on globals, Life Tapping with low mana, etc. It's rare that you should need to use Fel Flame on a multi-target fight because you can almost always find a DoT to refresh.

Thank you ^^ and best of luck.
Shinafae

Return to Public for Peasants