Question for Affinitii

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

Question for Affinitii

Postby Selene on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:38 pm

Hey Affinitti,

1st off, grats of your H-Madness of Deathwing kill. The question I had was regarding the amount of Spirit you reforged out of your gear for Mastery and Haste. I've noticed this to be a new tread on a few priest now were they're doing the same. I wanted to get a better understanding as to why you sacrificed so much Spirit for Mastery and Haste and how you manage your mana so efficiently lacking the combat regen you would have from the Spirit that was reforged. Does having the trinket you're currently using, Heart of Unliving, compensate for the Spirit that was reforged? My take would be because you play an atonement disc spec and the mana return it offers, right? I know this may sound like a stupid question, but any answer you can provide would be great.

Thanks,

Séléne
Selene

Re: Question for Affinitii

Postby Affinity on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:49 pm

The idea behind dropping the spirit for mastery and wearing the spirit trinket is a pretty interesting idea. The idea behind it is the spirit you reforge into secondary stats (mastery/haste depending on what the gear has on it prior to reforging) and putting the spirit trinket on nets you MORE throughput than keeping spirit and using an int trinket (abacus 3.0 in Dragonsoul).

The idea is borderline on what you do with a druid (or what you had to do) management wise. Yes it requires a bit more management in your regen cooldowns, but it averages out quite nicely and gives you a fairly significant throughput bonus.

The concept works, but it depends heavily on your healing playstyle. Some disc priests focus a mastery shield-coating build, so therefore this wouldn't work well for them.

I heal primarily as a tank/raid healer with my raid healing focusing heavily on a POH/DA coating playstyle, which is what this promotes more or less due to the high amount of haste.

Use at your own risk based on your healing priorities and playstyle. It works well for me, but may not work well for you :)

Do note that I DO reforge out of additional spirit than what the trinket nets you. If you are interested in trying this you should first reforge out of 880 spirit (the gain from the spirit trinket) and see where that puts you. If you don't have many mana issues, reforge out of more.
Affinity

Postby Selene on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:04 am

Thanks for the prompt response (very much appreciated =D).

Similar to yourself, I have the same type of playstyle were I tank/raid heal with raid healing focusing on PoH/DA coating. How does this fair for your Holy spec (assuming that you play one, if not disregard)? With an atonement spec plus the mana returns it offers is great, but as Holy you don't exactly have that benefit. The idea behind reforging the spirit the trinket would give your for secondary stats is a pretty slick idea (one which I will def try :lol: ) I know when I use to play with Heartsong and my Darkmoon Tsunami trinket I never had mana issues. Taking those two away def helped me manage my mana better, but at the same time increased my throughput when replacing them with Power Torrent and other trinks. Do you find yourself playing disc or holy more in DS? Also, is there a cap to how much haste you should stack as either disc or holy? I don't wanna get too into theory crafting on ya lol. It's just nice to hear what kinda answers you'll get from someone that's a far superior player then myself.
Selene

Postby VuhdoDude on Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:08 am

Hi affiniti, could you please upload your vuhdo settings by any chance?

Please and thank you!!!!
VuhdoDude

Postby Acrol on Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:58 am

QQ
Spoonkins
Acrol

Postby Affinity on Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:08 am

Selene wrote:Thanks for the prompt response (very much appreciated =D).

Similar to yourself, I have the same type of playstyle were I tank/raid heal with raid healing focusing on PoH/DA coating. How does this fair for your Holy spec (assuming that you play one, if not disregard)? With an atonement spec plus the mana returns it offers is great, but as Holy you don't exactly have that benefit. The idea behind reforging the spirit the trinket would give your for secondary stats is a pretty slick idea (one which I will def try :lol: ) I know when I use to play with Heartsong and my Darkmoon Tsunami trinket I never had mana issues. Taking those two away def helped me manage my mana better, but at the same time increased my throughput when replacing them with Power Torrent and other trinks. Do you find yourself playing disc or holy more in DS? Also, is there a cap to how much haste you should stack as either disc or holy? I don't wanna get too into theory crafting on ya lol. It's just nice to hear what kinda answers you'll get from someone that's a far superior player then myself.

I do not play holy nearly as frequently as our other priest, Maladii, does but when I do I reforge for spirit and mastery with as little haste as possible. As far as disc I usually do NOT run an atonement/archangel build but I did for fights like Ultrax, Spine (Just archangel) and Madness (again just archangel).

Disc wise I still haven't found a number that would be considered a cap of sorts. I'm not a big mathy person though so I very well could be wrong as to when haste starts to degrade. The haste levels I am sitting around at now I feel comfortable with, the only downside to haste is more haste=faster you burn your mana so for longer fights the haste isn't always the best stat (I cut down to about 2000 haste for Madness, but that also has a haste/cast buff).

Personally I enjoy Disc moreso than holy. They are both very unique playstyles though -- the biggest reason I don't play holy much is our other raiding priest does and there isn't much benefit to multiple outside of Hagara.

VuhdoDude wrote:Hi affiniti, could you please upload your vuhdo settings by any chance?

Please and thank you!!!!

Wowinterface :P AffinityUI you can pull the settings from there.
Affinity

Return to Public for Peasants