PvP honor system

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

Postby remorsecode on Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:13 pm

Thing is, Blizzard has the money and the resources (ie. coders) to make their own javascript to do it... so why on earth would they steal yours? The chances of them getting sued being greater than Zero say they didn't steal it.

Just a thought.

Your code is pimpin' though. Is it the same Allakhazam uses?
remorsecode

Postby verbim on Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:42 am

cool script stone, but my friend mike (who got me and puddy into alpha) is senior web dev.. I assure you he's competent enough to make that script on his own :)
...Nine Hundred Newtons//Crush You Like Croutons...
verbim

Postby Seele on Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:14 am

The good part is we can farm honor to get people epic gear WHILE pvping. That part seems awesome. But I'm pretty sure people are going to find a million ways to exploit this. For instance, getting hundreds of players together and having a gankfest around BRM. Or just finding alliance players who want to farm and doing it consensually.
The "outnumbered" part sort of scares me, but the "no penalty for killing lowbies" part should work since if there WAS a penalty the lowbies would attack the 60s knowing they probably wouldn't get hit back.
Seele

Postby Melfice on Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:52 pm

on the outnumbered note they said that the points are gonna work like xp so we might be penalized for being in a raid.
Melfice

Postby XxArKoNxX on Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:24 pm

that is sooooo kool!! gata pkem all!!!
Zaradon - 60 Hunter
(300 mining, 300 gnome engy, 300 cooking, 300 First Aid)
Arkon (alt) - 60 Warlock
(300 herb, 300 alch)
Zard - 60 Rogue
(300 herb)
XxArKoNxX

Postby Stoneguard on Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:56 pm

Well, I don't really think you can 'copyright' script, so I would never sue for someone using that.

Verbim, I am not saying he is not compentent. All I know is I never saw those passover popups ANYWHERE before I wrote my code. After I wrote it, a couple other fansites had it in about 3 or 4 weeks (this is well over a year ago; at the end of 2003), then Allakhazam's had it - they had something else before my code was made public. And if he IS a compentent JavaScript coder, then he knows how to view someone else's source and copy it. Ask him how he wrote it :D, I would not say he got it from wow.warcraftstrategy.com, but if he got it from one of the other sites, tell him you know who wrote the original code. I can even show him how to add context linking to it.
Stonemire - Hunter Troll
Stoneguard

Previous

Return to Public for Peasants