verbim's guide to healing (as a druid)

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

verbim's guide to healing (as a druid)

Postby verbim on Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:38 am

I was making a few quick replies on the druid forums earlier, and before you know it I had typed out some massive post. Figured I might as well post a link here, it might even be useful for some of you slacker shamans :P

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... &tmp=1#new
...Nine Hundred Newtons//Crush You Like Croutons...
verbim

Postby Durkheim on Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:52 am

Heh verb all the druids tore up ur healing strat :)
Pfft thats what you get for insulting us shamans!

Im watching you all, ill have no shaman bashing!
Durkheim LvL 60 Shaman [Retired]
Durkheim LvL 60 Paladin [Wiped]
Voltaire LvL 60 Mage
Durkheim

Postby gripenfelter on Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:22 am

Um..how does this help me? I'm not a healer :P
gripenfelter

Postby Shakah on Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:33 am

Why the hate for regrowth? I have 5 talent points in it because I find it supplements a priest well, and it has a less of a chance of over healing. Now that we don't really 5 man anything anymore, I wanted the heal that no other class had, to be my strongest. Oh yeah and the fact that it crits almost every time is a bonus. I also find that I'm paired up with rogues quite often in raid groups, so when they pull aggro I hit them with regrowth then rejuv then get back to keeping an eye on the main assist.
Shakah
Always a Druid
Shakah

Postby verbim on Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:21 pm

two reasons shakah.

first: in raids, HoTs do not stack. That's one regrowth per person, which might have been great while you were the only druid.. but now that we've got more it's potentially very wasteful. picking different ranks of healing touch to cast is a better choice.

second: the difference in cast times is typically negligable. 1.5 seconds shouldn't be making or breaking your ability to heal. and once you accept that the difference is negligable, it follows logically that you should be using the most mana efficient heal you can. this is healing touch, not regrowth.

grip: god I hope you're kidding. Healing is perhaps a shaman's largest contribution to a group. If you honestly believe you're not a healer, then let me be the first to say you are playing your shaman poorly.

That's akin to warlocks not debuffing, mages not using poly, or hunters not using traps and stings. These are significant parts of a class, and to opt not to use them is to intentionally gimp yourself.
verbim

Postby Shakah on Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:50 pm

I have 3 lvls of healing touch in my bar when I need one of them and use them often. You do have a point on the stacking issue. I did get very used to being the only druid and regrowth fit very well. I don't use it as a just in time spell, but more or less a damage shield with a 1k instant bonus. Also note that HT isn't as mana efficient for me, as I don't currently have any talent points in it. There is a chance I might put the 2 points I have ready for swiftshifting there, and get rid of the rejuv points to finish it off. We'll see, but right now I'm very happy with my build.

If you factor in the crits (70-80%), there is a good chance that Regrowth is more mana efficient for me then HT.

Oh yeah, you can rejoice, the spider belt has been fixed.
Shakah
Always a Druid
Shakah

Postby verbim on Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:30 pm

hm.. am I missing something? How is 70-80% possible?

50% from the maxed regrowth talent, maybe 10% from gear and what.. 2% from all your int?

also, yea, i've got 5/5 healing touch myself. on a crit the efficiency of regrowth barely matchs my healing touches.. but that considered, over time I'd still be losing mana.

also, to be honest, I've simply been categorically opposed to the idea of crit heals since I played my priest. random chance and group healing dont mix in my mind.
verbim

Return to Public for Peasants