Wats a good class for pvp

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

Postby Tibs on Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:18 pm

Gonchin wrote:Also Rogues get vanish which will put you into stealth in combat. I think it has a 5 min recast and requires a regent.

Gonchin

absolutely! one of the better combos to "get out of jail free" is the blind (requires reagent, fadeleaf), bandage (if you've only one or two combatants nearby) and then vanish (reagent purchased from your local poison vendor). And according to the devs, Vanish is supposed to negate any incoming spells/attacks as well. But just prior to retail, this hadn't been implemented yet. Which makes me wonder, have any of you rogues seen if this works the way the devs were intending it--to escape root, snare and that incoming, say fireballs, wouldn't hit you after you vanish and pop you?

tibs out
Tibsdalai UD Priest lvl 60
101/150 Herbalism
75/150 Alchemy

Tibspeace Tauren Druid lvl 30
Tibsnooks Undead Mage lvl 18

The threshold between right and wrong is pain.
--His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Tibs

Postby Memk on Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:25 pm

if so i think with some skill rouges will be THE pvp class am i not mistaken?
Memk

Postby nut on Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:07 am

absolutely! one of the better combos to "get out of jail free" is the blind (requires reagent, fadeleaf), bandage (if you've only one or two combatants nearby) and then vanish (reagent purchased from your local poison vendor). And according to the devs, Vanish is supposed to negate any incoming spells/attacks as well. But just prior to retail, this hadn't been implemented yet. Which makes me wonder, have any of you rogues seen if this works the way the devs were intending it--to escape root, snare and that incoming, say fireballs, wouldn't hit you after you vanish and pop you?

It's buggy. It'll break root only "sometimes".

But ATM, it does not negate any incoming attaks. Which is stupid, since if you vanish during a melee's mid-swing, you'll still get hit, removing vanish and stealth altogether.
nut

Previous

Return to Public for Peasants