Wats a good class for pvp

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

Wats a good class for pvp

Postby Guest on Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:24 am

aNY ONE KNOW A Good clas for pvp? because im gona be starting game aftr xmas and curioise what woul dbe a good class for pvp. thank you

Postby Aries on Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:35 am

Priest and mage = P
Aries

Postby malavant on Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:04 pm

any class is good at pvp if they're played right, except warrior, lol.

and i'm not even gonna go into being the shpelling police on you ;)
Dammit, I shoulda been a night elf
malavant

Postby Memk on Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:29 pm

Shaman are one of the strongest classes in the game and really fun. They have alot of options available to them at any one time and have a easy time finding groups since they can heal.
Memk

From WHat I

Postby Getsu on Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:31 am

From what I understand is warrior is good for PvP, Especialy how they ballanced things out. I maybe a lvl 17 so far but when I dueled I won 8 so far and lost 2, Elvenbane whooped up on me :)
"Death is nothing more then another chance to raise hell!"
LVL 31 Undead Warrior
Getsu

ok in my opinion..

Postby smithers on Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:51 am

rogues are best for pvp... sneak

(ImBehideYou)
smithers

Postby Seti on Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:51 am

sneaking would be pking not pvp so much

i've been told by everyone that shamans are the answer to paladins....
that said i have a lvl 12 shaman now and i'm not seeing the dueling ability as of yet
30 Tauren Druid
23 Troll Shaman
Seti

Postby Tibs on Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:28 pm

sneaking isn't pking-- because it is a class-defining skill. that would be like saying that shaman using totems is an unfair advantage for shamans.

really any class can be good at pvp, you just have to get to know your class and know what to use when on different classes.

there's a big difference, imo, between dueling and pvp. in duels, each person has the chance to get ready and do battle. in pvp, it just starts, the only difference is planned pvp battles, say in the stv arena, were both groups agree to a certain ruleset from the get go.

in big battles, being a rogue is tough. you get singled out by warlocks, mages and hunters if you're visible with the large group. I found that stealthing, and then leaving the group's area to sneak around behind enemy lines to attack their casters/priests was probably the best thing i could do for my "side." by eliminating a priest or a mage-- generally a single target, because once you pop and attack, their buddies converge on you-- helped the overall group to achieve some forward progress.

i think a good thing to try is to have our rogues in one group all go stealth and get behind the enemy casters as a group, and then in sync attack different casters. hopefully that would create too many targets for their protectors to focus on, and would drop a % of their healing and nuking forces.

i dunno, just some thoughts....

tibs out
Tibsdalai UD Priest lvl 60
101/150 Herbalism
75/150 Alchemy

Tibspeace Tauren Druid lvl 30
Tibsnooks Undead Mage lvl 18

The threshold between right and wrong is pain.
--His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Tibs

Postby Seti on Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:06 pm

that's not what i mean
you can't stealth under agro therefore it's more of a pk then a pvp because you're jumping somebody offguard as opposed to a fight with some forwarning
30 Tauren Druid
23 Troll Shaman
Seti

Postby verbim on Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:47 pm

Seti wrote:that's not what i mean
you can't stealth under agro therefore it's more of a pk then a pvp because you're jumping somebody offguard as opposed to a fight with some forwarning

thats not entirely true. in pvp, there is no aggro 'list' like in pve, and a rogue can stealth unless they're being damaged or attacking
...Nine Hundred Newtons//Crush You Like Croutons...
verbim

ty verbim

Postby smithers on Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:45 am

yeah ur right..
smithers

Postby Seti on Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:16 am

ah i assumed it was like my druid where in cat form i'm pretty sure even though i wasn't attacking or being attacked i couldn't stealth because i was in combat
30 Tauren Druid
23 Troll Shaman
Seti

Postby Tibs on Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:38 pm

Seti wrote:ah i assumed it was like my druid where in cat form i'm pretty sure even though i wasn't attacking or being attacked i couldn't stealth because i was in combat

rogues can't stealth either when in "combat." but as soon as no one is keyed on you (attacking or casting) and the crossed daggers on your icon disappear, you can jump to stealth.
Tibsdalai UD Priest lvl 60
101/150 Herbalism
75/150 Alchemy

Tibspeace Tauren Druid lvl 30
Tibsnooks Undead Mage lvl 18

The threshold between right and wrong is pain.
--His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Tibs

Postby verbim on Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:45 pm

yea, like tibs said. sorry, I wasn't very clear with how I explained it.

there's an 'in combat' status that's triggered any time you take or deal damage, this is what prevents going into stealth. against mobs, as soon as you deal or take any damage from them, you're on their aggro list, and stuck 'in combat' untill all those mobs engaged with your group are dead.

in pvp, however, there is no aggro list. if you're in combat, all it takes is about 5 seconds of not attacking/being attacked before that status is dropped and you can go into stealth again. this means in large scale pvp, you're not stuck in combat untill every last enemy is dead, rather you can run to the back of your group, wait a couple seconds, and restealth. this allows stealth to be used as a pvp skill, rather than a 1 time pk skill as you say.
...Nine Hundred Newtons//Crush You Like Croutons...
verbim

Postby Gonchin on Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:05 pm

Also Rogues get vanish which will put you into stealth in combat. I think it has a 5 min recast and requires a regent.

Gonchin
Gonchin

Next

Return to Public for Peasants