Macros...

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

Macros...

Postby ZX7 on Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:47 pm

newworldempire

Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:15 pm Post subject: Paladin Macros (Might help others too)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since they took out alt-casting casting spells on yourself can be a pain. Now although Blizzard said that a self cast button will be back in next patch I've already written a handy macro that, if configured correctly, can make instances very very easy.

To make a macro type /macro and a menu will pop up. Press the "New" button and you will be given a dialogue where you can name your macro and give it an icon. Every spell icon is allready there so it's a good idea to pick the same icon as the spell your casting to avoid confusion. After you've picked your icon and name type the following into the text area:

/target <player>
/cast <spell name>
/script TargetLastEnemy()
/script AttackTarget()

<player> is the name of the player that you want to cast the spell on. (ie ZXtasy, Argos, Stonesalve)

<spell name> is the name of the spell you wish to cast. If you shift click a spell in your spell book it will automatically paste /cast and the name of the spell for you. Examples are "Seal of Salvation", "Seal of Retribution (Rank 2)"

The last two lines will retarget the mob you are fighting and continue attacking it. Since the seals are instant cast it won't interupt your fight at all unless you interupt a Holy Strike. Here is a completed example:

/target Stonesalve
/cast Seal of Salvation
/script TargetLastEnemy()
/script AttackTarget()

Happy hunting!

As soon as exams are over I'm gonna pwn Bubba with an Infernal.
Last edited by ZX7 on Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zxtreme 70 UD Priest
Zxtasy 60 UD Warrior
ZX7
Guild Leader

Postby drunk on Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:36 am

how do u equip stuff using macros like in open beta my friend had one where u click and it will change from a stalf to mace and shield or w/e u using
drunk-lvl 60 shaman R.I.P
Magii-lvl 60 mage- Mal'ganis
druunk-lvl 60 druid- illidan
duckhunt-lvl xx hunter-illidan
wtf owned?!?!?!?
<('.'<)<('.'<)<('.')>(>'.')>(>'.')>
drunk

Postby Hex on Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:15 am

Dunno if its just you man but for me I input the macro command:

"/equip item name"

Just shift + click the item to insert it there.

EDIT: spelling
Hex
Illidan server
level 59 shaman.
Hex

Postby Knomlic on Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:09 am

Nice - will have to give it a try - thanks
Knomlic

Postby nut on Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:30 pm

Or you can just drag your weapon onto one of your hotbar slots and click that when u want to switch.

Weapons are changable during combat, armor is not.
nut

Postby scynthia on Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:19 am

I want to have a mac/dagger combo, using dagger in main only for opening, then switching them, how do i do this with macros? tnx
scynthia

Postby malavant on Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:06 pm

if you're just switching one weapon, i think you can just drag the 2 weapons to hotkey slots. when you want to switch to one, click it. i'm not 100% if this works, but i'll check later
Dammit, I shoulda been a night elf
malavant

Postby Hex on Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:00 am

scynthia wrote:I want to have a mac/dagger combo, using dagger in main only for opening, then switching them, how do i do this with macros? tnx

To open up the fight with one of ur skills using a dagger or w/e just have w/e u want equiped then have ur macros set to this:

/cast shiftclickskill
/equip shiftclickweapon

by clicking this it should first use urskill with the weapon u have equiped and then switch to ur other weapon.
(btw "shiftclick something" means shift click the spell or item to insert the name into the macros.)
Hex
Illidan server
level 59 shaman.
Hex

Postby Tibs on Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:06 pm

things is tho, hex, the /equip macro isn't being recognized. when i set my macro up last night just to test, I got the infamous yellow text, "type /help for...."

i had the exact same commands in beta to equip a pair of boots (% increase speed on mounts/ griffons) and a trinket from Zul which also increased flight speed-- carrot on a stick. It looked just like this:

/equip <name of boots> (minus the <>)
/equip carrot on a stick

this macro would load the boots onto my character and replace whatever trinket was in the first trinket spot with carrot on a stick.

as of last night's attempt (/equip ____ boots), I got that "type /help ..." bullshit.

I'm going to search around to see if i can find anything about macros that has changed. I'll post back here what I find.

tibs out
Tibsdalai UD Priest lvl 60
101/150 Herbalism
75/150 Alchemy

Tibspeace Tauren Druid lvl 30
Tibsnooks Undead Mage lvl 18

The threshold between right and wrong is pain.
--His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Tibs

Postby Lardo on Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:22 pm

at least that means I'm not the only 1 who cant shift click my weapons
Lardo

Postby newworldempire on Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:37 pm

I'll post something tomorrow after my last exam about this.
Nargall, Destroyer of Spam Posts, Master of Lore.
newworldempire

Postby newworldempire on Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:25 pm

Right, here are some useful macros I've found recently (all stolen ;)):

Add these commands to a macro, and it will allow you to very easily toggle between Windowed and Full-Screen modes.

/script SetCVar("gxWindow", 1 - GetCVar("gxWindow"));
/console gxRestart

---------

Here is a Macro I worked out that swaps a 2H for 1h+shield or dual wield:

/script PickupInventoryItem(17);if(CursorHasItem()) then PickupContainerItem(4,2);PickupContainerItem(4,1);PickupInventoryItem(16);else PickupContainerItem(4,1);PickupInventoryItem(16);PickupContainerItem(4,2);PickupInventoryItem(17);end

this should be all one line.

Put your main hand item in left most bag upper left slot, offhand item to the right of it. put your 2h weapon in your inventory. Now this button will swap the two sets back and forth.

--------

Enjoy.

-<insert name>
newworldempire

Postby Bver on Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:22 pm

Stopping in to say hi, thought id add to your macros.

/script _, _, isActive = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(1); if ( isActive ) then CastSpellByName("Charge(Rank 1)"); else CastSpellByName("Taunt()"); end

Charges if in B stance, Taunts if in D STance. Change ranks respectively.

/script _, _, isActive = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(1); if ( isActive ) then CastSpellByName("Berserker Stance"); else CastSpellByName("Battle Stance"); end

This is a little variation from the one up top, but i know you warriors like to switch stances alot. Enjoy.
Bver

Postby newworldempire on Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:48 pm

For anyone who uses Tab targetting in battle heres a method to fix it since it broke last patch.

Open up your Config.wtf file in the WTF folder and add the following line:

SET TargetNearestDistance "40.000000"

Distance is in game yards so you can adjust it to what you want.
newworldempire

Postby verbim on Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:40 pm

hmm, was hoping someone more knowledgeable of macros/scripting could help me out.

I'm want a macro that will cast nature's swiftness. If that spell succeeds, the script ends.
If nature's swiftness fails to cast (due to it's cooldown) the script should target self, cast healing touch, then target last enemy

the end result I'm after is a single button I can spam to cast both those spells as quickly as possible. If someone could either post the script or a link to somewhere where I can figure it out myself, I'd be very grateful.
...Nine Hundred Newtons//Crush You Like Croutons...
verbim

Next

Return to Public for Peasants