@ Nodzz, Bobina or Cirax

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

@ Nodzz, Bobina or Cirax

Postby Eupraxia on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:13 am

I want to get your opinions on some popular topics regarding Holy Paladins. First off, what is your opinion on using the Ember Shadowspirit meta (+2 mana) vs. the Burning Shadowspirit meta (+3 crit)? Second, I understand the generally stat priority of reforging and gemming for Haste, but is it still beneficial to do so after the haste plateau at 2493 is reached and still being under the next plateau at 3493? Lastly, what are your thoughts on using Holy Shock prime glyph vs. the Word of Glory prime glyph. I've seen some mixed reviews regarding the extra crit to proc Infusion of Light being more beneficial but still many are using WoG glyphs.

Thanks in advance for your input, it is greatly appreciated.
Eupraxia

Re: @ Nodzz, Bobina or Cirax

Postby Bobzor on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:55 am

All of our effort and though it terms of holy pally is centered on beta at this point, with the 30% DS is sorta joke mode, walk in hit HR for 45min collect lootz.

That being said the meta is just a choice between throughput with the burning and mana regen with the ember. If you think your mana is just fine go ahead and swap to the burning. Mastery and crit remain crap stats for us regardless of the next haste breakpoint for HR being out of reach. Being able to just cast HR and any single target heal faster is going to be a bigger benefit than a bit more cir/mastery. The glyph is really just personal preference on how you play your pally, and on the demands of a given fight. If you don't do much of any WOG healing or you have a fight where you use almost all your HP on LOD then the holy shock glyph is going to be better. If you WOG a lot or have a fight you don't use much LOD then the word of glory glyph is going to come out on top. Its something you can swap fight to fight depending on circumstance.
Bobzor

Re: @ Nodzz, Bobina or Cirax

Postby Eupraxia on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:35 pm

Thanks for the input. I agree 100% with all of your comments. I had been getting some mixed opinions on those questions in an application I posted for a top guild. I knew the WoG glyph and HS glyph would be more a fight-by-fight basis and I tend to normally just stuck with WoG but I was told by an app reviewer that HS glyph was optimal so I wanted to see what you thought. Same thing goes for Burning meta vs. the Ember, I would understand that at the start of the xpac most healers would use the Ember due to healing issues, but since H Pallys stack Haste, we also tend to lose our mana faster than other healers so I had stuck with the ember meta and was given some negative feedback about it. As for the haste discussion, it tends to pop up a lot about the master vs. haste discussion and I'm not buying any of the theorycrafting saying that mastery is better for the exact same reasons you mention. I tried to explain this to the reviewer but apparently they were too hellbent on crunching numbers and not playing the class. Again, thanks.
Eupraxia

Return to Public for Peasants