@Ahdehl

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

@Ahdehl

Postby Livetz on Sun May 13, 2012 12:47 am

I noticed you are using T12 helm and gloves for 2pc Sub. I also noticed that using the chest and gloves resulted in easier stat management for myself, and higher DPS on ShadowCraft. I was just wondering why you chose those 2 pieces, assuming you chose them, when you lose a lot of expertise and have to take away from a lot of your crit in order to gain it back.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/c ... z/advanced
^ If you were curious of my PoV on the matter

Edit: It also seems the other Kutta, Grim, etc, followed the same setup when testing out the spec, so it could help them out as well.
Livetz

Re: @Ahdehl

Postby Ahdehl on Sun May 13, 2012 8:04 am

We were all Hemo-spam Sub spec, in which case the 2pc/2pc split isn't as big a bonus as the normal Backstab Sub build.

Technically, the Gloves/Shoulders are the best 2 pieces to use, but I could never find my t12 shoulders when I started playing Sub again, and just went with Gloves/Helm. Don't forget that even though the chest has Mastery on it, the amount of Agility on it compared to the t12 chest is a LOT.
Ahdehl

Postby Livetz on Sun May 13, 2012 10:45 am

Well at the time I posted this I was Hemo spec as well, but I switched to Backstab overnight. I've messed around with a few different combinations in Shadowcraft but still got the result of the chest/glove combo working the best, stat wise. It was a lot easier to keep up my hit and expertise while maintaining good haste and crit. Right now with my setup, it feels pretty solid. Just thought I'd shed some light on the subject since you seem to be pretty content with the spec. I prefer Sub over the others mainly because the playstyle is a lot more fun, and "old school rogue-like" and the daggers proc a lot more often which makes it more interesting for fights where you want that quick burst before/after a phase change or target swap. Everytime I pug something or do an LFR, other rogues look at me like I'm nuts but then question me after topping the meters, so it's good to see I'm not alone. It seems people need more education on Sub.
Livetz

Postby Livetz on Sun May 13, 2012 11:10 am

Just out of curiosity, since Shadowcraft can't help me, do you think it's better to use glyph of eviscerate or hemo for backstab sub? I'm not putting points into Premed or Initiative, so I'm not going to use ShD since its value drops. I'm just not sure if the extra damage from more eviscerate crits is better, or the hemo dot. Looking at my H Rag kill with Hemo spec, the dot was about 2.2% of my damage, but will using Hemo in order to get the dot going be a bigger loss of dps?
Livetz

Postby Ahdehl on Sun May 13, 2012 1:56 pm

First off, drop 2/3 Enveloping Shadows for 2/2 Initiative. 3cp Ambushes are awesome.

Glyph Evisc, it's value jumped a LOT when you get the daggers.
Ahdehl

Return to Public for Peasants