@Shinfae

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

@Shinfae

Postby Shádowsoul on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:17 am

Hello I'm new to warlock dps, I understand them pretty well, but I always know I need help in places. I wanted to see if you could possibly look over my WowArmory and tell me some things I could fix.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aegwynn/Shádowsoul/simple

Also if it wasn't a problem could you give some kind of rotation strong points, smart macro's and addons you would recommend using for raids for destro and afflic. Or just the basic rotation layout, like the opening of a fight and filling in.

Ahead of time thank you very much.
Shádowsoul

Re: @Shinfae

Postby Shinafae on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:45 am

Hi,

Please check out resources such as Elitistjerks forums for basic advice on rotations. Become acquainted with the theory behind them. Once you are able to understand the theory, you will realise where modifications to the basic rotation listed there can be used situationally to squeeze out even better DPS. For now, however, focus on mastering the basics.

As for macros, I feel that much like UI setup, this is a personal choice, and that you are best off making macros that are specifically suited to your playstyle. Make sure that you have basic macros to control your pet, and perhaps basic cooldown macros depending on your gear/race/professions. Other than that, macro whatever you find useful ! I personally have @focus macros for my entire single target rotation, targeting macros, armour swap macros, and many more. I don't have a free macro slot at all, for my part.

I checked your armoury and noted that it could really use work - make sure you are taking full advantage of your profession bonuses and always prioritise gemming and enchanting intellect where at all possible. Again, I can see that you need to review the basic stat scaling theory for the class, and EJ's spec guides are an excellent resource for this. Here is a profile I made with the gear you are wearing on armoury :

http://chardev.org/?profile=370132

The Lavawalker to boots is best for Affliction on movement fights. If you plan on swapping to Destro often, replace it with 50 haste to boots to meet Destro's haste threshold quite nicely. Finally, I highly, highly recommend replacing your pants with the 397 craftable version.

Best of luck in your warlocking endeavours.
Shinafae

Re: @Shinfae

Postby Shádowsoul on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:03 pm

Thank you very much Shinfae, I've made some big changes to my gear since you checked it out. So if you happen to scroll back through this post could you take another look at it now.

And again thank you very much.
Shádowsoul

Return to Public for Peasants