warlock specs in 10man raid``

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

warlock specs in 10man raid``

Postby saber on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:26 am

hi, im in a 10man raid guild that is starting to do heroics..

our core team has a lot of caster dps, 2 mage, balance druid, warlock ... also a dk and a rogue..

so since we have a lot of casters and no elemental shaman, would u suggest that i go for demology for all bosses? even on fights where demo is not so good compared with the other specs, aff/destro.

or would u suggest that i go for the spec that can max the dps output and survivability (for warlord as example, i think if i go destruction, netherward would a very good skill, can decrease the pressure of our healers a lot..)

thanks ``
saber

Re: warlock specs in 10man raid``

Postby Shinafae on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:57 am

Generally with a comp that caster-heavily, it is ultimately a DPS gain to the raid as a whole if you are Demonology for the spellpower buff, even though this is a personal DPS loss in many cases. That said, Demo is not in the awful spot it was in during Wrath, when warlocks would use this spec purely to buff the raid and nothing more - you can put out good damage as an accomplished Demonology warlock these days, even if the spec is not -optimal-.

That said, consider finding an elemental shaman. :D

Also, you should not be anything but Affliction for Zon'ozz if you have the luxury of an ele or another warlock. The multidotting of tentacles, mobility due to said multidotting, and execute are all too good to pass up. Shadow Ward is baseline and much of the raid damage in that fight is in fact Shadow damage. You lose Nether Protectection, but trust that the healers will do their job accordingly.
Shinafae

Postby saber on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:14 am

Shinafae wrote:Generally with a comp that caster-heavily, it is ultimately a DPS gain to the raid as a whole if you are Demonology for the spellpower buff, even though this is a personal DPS loss in many cases. That said, Demo is not in the awful spot it was in during Wrath, when warlocks would use this spec purely to buff the raid and nothing more - you can put out good damage as an accomplished Demonology warlock these days, even if the spec is not -optimal-.

That said, consider finding an elemental shaman. :D

Also, you should not be anything but Affliction for Zon'ozz if you have the luxury of an ele or another warlock. The multidotting of tentacles, mobility due to said multidotting, and execute are all too good to pass up. Shadow Ward is baseline and much of the raid damage in that fight is in fact Shadow damage. You lose Nether Protectection, but trust that the healers will do their job accordingly.

thanks for your quick reply ^_^

also another quick question, we are currently in progress on zon'ozz and the unsleeping dude.. if i would be using demonology, which spec.. ( 0/31/10 or 3/31/7 ) would u recommend? and for 0/31/10 is it still the same as 4.2? using corruption glyph + shadowbolt filler ?
saber

Postby Shinafae on Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:43 pm

There is no reason to use the shadowbolt spec anymore as demo, barring some boss that is released that has the odd shadow vulnerability. I highly, highly doubt that this will ever be the case however, and incinerate spec will provide superior performance in all of the fights you cited.
Shinafae

Return to Public for Peasants