A Question for Shinafae

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

A Question for Shinafae

Postby Viòlenza on Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi Shinafae. I'm Viòlenza, a destruction lock of Hakkar (wow.eu). Untill 4.3 patch i was used to use destro's spec with a great succes. After last patch i seen that Blizz has incremented Destruction damage but i noted that affliction is always the best spec. I'd like to ask you a little help about my character.I usually do 22-25k as dps. If u can explain me ur rotation and the basic knowledge about affli spec i'd be grateful. Sorry for the lost time i hope you can help me.That's my lock
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/h ... nza/simple :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Viòlenza

Re: A Question for Shinafae

Postby Shinafae on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:17 pm

Hello Viòlenza,

From what I see, you've a way to go in developing your character to attain optimal results. I notice that you are levelling Jewelcrafting, which is good. I suggest also that you drop Mining, as the profession gives you no benefit to your DPS, and instead level Inscription. This will give you access to an excellent shoulder enchantment, which you sorely need as you do not have any reputation with Therazane currently. Also, you need to put Power Torrent on your weapon, and I would exchange the orange gem in your Seal of the Grand Architect for a red gem as well as swapping the purple gem in your belt for another red. The hit the purple gem gives you is entirely wasted, so breaking the socket bonus has the effect of netting you 10 Intellect. Finally, the trinkets that you have are not very strong, especially if you plan on using Affliction. I recommend that to start, you get a Darkmoon Card : Volcano, which is easily available for reasonable prices these days, and a Rune of Zeth, which can be bought from the Avengers of Hyjal reputation vendor outside of the Firelands instance.

I think that if you make these changes and learn Affliction, you will see a meaningful increase in your DPS, as you do not have the haste rating currently to make Destruction worthwhile (2589 rating for a non-Goblin is all but compulsory at this gear level; 2681 is preferred).

For specfic tips on Affliction gameplay, please refer to the post that I made to these forums for Keesun : viewtopic.php?f=27&t=15017

Best,
Shinafae
Shinafae

Postby Viòlenza on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:26 pm

Shinafae I've been using affliction and I've modified the equip.Now i don't have meta socket active on helm ç.ç .I tried to use affli rotation as u said but i done just 18k vs ultraxion. i'm able to bring rune of zeth's trinket but not darkmoon card volcano's trinket. could u pls explain me any detail of affliction? I have a really low knowledge about this spec
Viòlenza

Postby Optee on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:47 pm

Change your meta gem to Burning Shadowspirit Diamond, and you should be good to go.
Optee

Postby Shinafae on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:19 pm

Optee wrote:Change your meta gem to Burning Shadowspirit Diamond, and you should be good to go.

Ah yes. I noticed this, but forgot about it when I made the post. It'll help your DPS quite a bit though, and you won't need to regem to activate the meta. :D

Viòlenza,

If you cannot obtain the darkmoon card for some reason, use Zeth and your Necromantic focus until you can get something better. Any caster trinket obtainable through LFR Dragon Soul will be better, incidentally.

Make sure you are using your Rune of Zeth. You should be able to get away with using it on cooldown, and thus syncing every other use to your Demon Soul : Felhunter. Again, please look at my link in my previous post for some information about the finer points of the Affliction spec. For more general info, review this post.

On Ultraxion specifically, you are probably letting Shadow Embrace fall when taking Fading Lights during execute. Be certain that you can track this debuff along with your dots, and assay to keep it always at 3 stacks - that and good Haunt uptime will greatly improve your DPS.
Shinafae

Return to Public for Peasants