@Dexter

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

@Dexter

Postby Fraket on Sat May 14, 2011 10:33 pm

Hey, i was wondering if you could shed some light for us confused hunters by stating the best rotation for a MM hunter to maximize dps :D ?
Fraket

Re: @Dexter

Postby Camcorder on Sat May 14, 2011 11:35 pm

Bonus points:

Camcorder

Postby grunz on Sun May 15, 2011 12:39 am

that cat is flexing its tits at me
grunz

Postby Bucky McLachlan on Sun May 15, 2011 11:47 am

I highly recommend that you take a look at world of logs and see what the top dps hunters are doing. Pro Tip: They're not usually to be found in the best of the best guilds, who tend to be master of mechanics more than anything.

No offense to Blood Legion, who is actually the #5 guild in the world, and #1 in the US, unlike what is stated on WoW Progress (see Guildox for the real rankings), but the top hunters are marks stacking mastery, and the bare minimum 6% haste on gear.

They do not hard cast aimed shot except under heavy haste affects (i.e. Rapid Fire, Blood Lust, Beserking) because arcane shot + wild quiver procs results in more dps.
Bucky McLachlan

Postby Zoomkin on Sun May 15, 2011 1:23 pm

Actually the best players are in the top guilds. Usually people from guilds that don't worry about progression but more or less "parses" reside in other guilds that specifically, months after progression races, stack raids and strats to do encounters 10 seconds faster.

Most of these people also like to blog since they don't have much else to worry about. One of the most popular blogs I read for my class is a man who is like 4/13 hard modes lol, but likes to do math. I still use his math and parse top 10 even if he doesn't.

Also most of our raiders are taking a backseat to testing out trials. Which means they aren't in the raids to even parse.
Zoomkin

Postby grunz on Sun May 15, 2011 1:59 pm

I recommend switching to a healing class, where there are literally infinity excuses for your hps to suck, but you still get a gold sticker
grunz

Postby Firstaidspec on Sun May 15, 2011 3:03 pm

grunz wrote:I recommend switching to a healing class, where there are literally infinity excuses for your hps to suck, but you still get a gold sticker
God doesn't kill People. People who believe in God kill People.

[Rootzo]: Why are you dumb?
Firstaidspec

Postby Bucky McLachlan on Sun May 15, 2011 7:12 pm

Zoomkin wrote:Actually the best players are in the top guilds. Usually people from guilds that don't worry about progression but more or less "parses" reside in other guilds that specifically, months after progression races, stack raids and strats to do encounters 10 seconds faster.

Most of these people also like to blog since they don't have much else to worry about. One of the most popular blogs I read for my class is a man who is like 4/13 hard modes lol, but likes to do math. I still use his math and parse top 10 even if he doesn't.

Also most of our raiders are taking a backseat to testing out trials. Which means they aren't in the raids to even parse.

I wasn't implying that your players are incapable of putting up parses (I see that Dex has actually switched to mastery over haste and now has a top 10 parse for h valiona and theralion) I was implying that it's not a priority for players in top guilds over mastering the mechanics in those fights, obviously players that have access to heroic loot but aren't as focused on progression, or testing new members/gearing alts etc for Firelands are going to have more time to focus on maximizing their dps.

Believe me, I don't care about putting up parses by using gimmick comps and cheesing mechanics (i.e. stacking 25 BH with two tanks and the rest just dps and blowing the boss up in under two minutes), I'd much rather be in the guild with players who play masterfully. Alas I don't have enough history on my toons or the right connections to be in that situation... *sigh*
Bucky McLachlan

Postby Camcorder on Sun May 15, 2011 9:24 pm

Domesticated Tiger Kitten is only $1500 and will increase your DPS by 3%, guaranteed! Top players do what it takes!
Camcorder

Postby Zonker on Sun May 15, 2011 11:54 pm

Camcorder wrote:Domesticated Tiger Kitten is only $1500 and will increase your DPS by 3%, guaranteed! Top players do what it takes!

you only give them 1200 for it though, and run before they notice!
Zonker
Officer

Return to Public for Peasants