Old friend from CD/BL merging days... Diablo1 & 2

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

Old friend from CD/BL merging days... Diablo1 & 2

Postby Silentdark_BL on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:59 am

I've been a friend of BL for nearly 9 years now, dating back to 2001 when Cain's Disciples and Blood Legion first merged in the Diablo1 days. I followed through to Diablo 2, playing with members such as ZX7, SirMerlin, Irae, Lucas, Invispoet, etc... I never quite made it to WoW once it came out though. I kinda fell behind and lost alot of interest in gaming. However, a good friend of mine is trying to get a look into a great guild. All I could do is recommend him to you.
I'm not sure if any of the old members are still active through WoW, but it would be good to know that there are still a few of you out there. A few of you knew me as "John", and others knew me simply as Silentdark_BL. Funny to think back at the times in D1, when I first joined SF with SirMerlin!
Anyway, I thought I'd throw up a post here and perhaps obtain a little info, say hi to a few old friends (if any), and see if I could help out my friend with locating a great guild. I'll check back on this post for any news within the next few days. Take care, all!
-John-
Silentdark_BL

Re: Old friend from CD/BL merging days... Diablo1 & 2

Postby krk on Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:48 am

Hello. No one from diablo days still plays the game.
krk

Postby CookieMan on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:39 pm

krk wrote:Hello. No one from diablo days still plays the game.

1-2 of them lurk around the forum every once in a while, but what he said.
<+Eusless> HIS TOE IS BIGGER THAN MY DICK
<@Lawliepop> i just couldn't not watch that
<+Eusless> I MEAN FINGER
CookieMan

Postby Silentdark_BL on Sat May 01, 2010 7:33 pm

It sucks to hear that... I'm assuming that ZXtreme was aka ZX7_BL? May be wrong... But my main interest is getting my friend involved with the guild if possible. He is currently through Alliance, but is willing to transfer to Horde if BL is serious enough for recruiting well played toons. Of course, it would be a $25 transfer to Illidan, and a $30 fraction change. He has a 80 prot/ret paladin, with a 4644 gs. He's definitely interested in gearing up though, and is exceptional with his pally. He's has done all LK heroics except Old Kingdom, TOC, and HOR. He hasn't had the opportunity to go through tinmans, 25's, ulduar, Call of the Crusader, or any Fall of the LK, and mosty because the server currently being played through is lacking in teams. ACH points is currently 1760...
You'll have to forgive me if this post doesn't make sense. I'm talking to him over the phone and typing what he's directing about specific information of his paladin. If there's mis-spelling, it's my fault!
He's excited to know that BL is looking into 5-night raiding, and wishes to be involved from start to finish in these raids. Especially since the hours specified in the recruiting section are extremely compatible with his schedule. If you're interested, or willing to discuss things with him, he wouldn't mind creating a toon on Illidan to discuss further before a final decision is made. Like I said, it's gonna cost a little out-of-pocket money to transfer his toon from Kargath... Let me know whats up. He just told me that he's gonna create a toon on Illidan, and level for a while until he has the opportunity to discuss his options. Thanks guys. I understand he may still be required to go through the applicant process. Keep in touch!
-John-
Silentdark_BL

Postby Silentdark_BL on Thu May 06, 2010 2:23 am

No replies? My friend James asked me if i heard anything yet... Anyone willing to talk to him online? I'll get his Illidan info from him once I hear from someone, and update you on how to contact him while on the server.
Silentdark_BL

Postby Lawliepop on Thu May 06, 2010 2:39 pm

If he is interested In applying he is welcome to put in an application like everyone else. I don't tend to negotiate raid spots that way or anything. The reason we have a formal application process is that we get so many applicants and have such high standards that we need a lot more information when evaluating potential canidates. I'm not well versed in gearscores, but it sounds like your friend likey isn't at the gear level that we're looking for.
Lawliepop

Postby Silentdark_BL on Fri May 07, 2010 1:54 am

Okay. I'll inform him to place an application. But still want to make sure that IF he is permitted into the guild, that it work out well enough. Again, he's willing to put out-of-pocket money towards joining the guild, so it's not as if he's just doing what he can to "get by" so to speak... it's an all-in, or a not-at-all type of thing. BL is more to me than a guild, and I made it clear that it not be taken lightly. If he makes it through to enlistment, I'm quite certain that he'll work his way up (including in gear score), and even become a significant benefit towards other members. Isn't there a type of "Initiate" BL or something that he could possibly be placed into until he is successful enough to raid in the big-leagues?
-John-
Silentdark_BL

Postby grunz on Fri May 07, 2010 2:09 am

Silentdark_BL wrote:Isn't there a type of "Initiate" BL or something that he could possibly be placed into until he is successful enough to raid in the big-leagues?

Nope, Team Ice fell apart.
grunz

Postby Firstaidspec on Fri May 07, 2010 7:20 am

Silentdark_BL wrote:Okay. I'll inform him to place an application. But still want to make sure that IF he is permitted into the guild, that it work out well enough. Again, he's willing to put out-of-pocket money towards joining the guild, so it's not as if he's just doing what he can to "get by" so to speak... it's an all-in, or a not-at-all type of thing. BL is more to me than a guild, and I made it clear that it not be taken lightly. If he makes it through to enlistment, I'm quite certain that he'll work his way up (including in gear score), and even become a significant benefit towards other members. Isn't there a type of "Initiate" BL or something that he could possibly be placed into until he is successful enough to raid in the big-leagues?

You do understand that best friends of people in the guild right now still have to go through the entire application process, and if they're not at the top of their game they get kicked right? Basically every applicant that comes our way is willing to throw down out-of-pocket money towards betting that they'll pass their app and join the guild vis-a-vis Faction xfer and Realm xfer. Your friend isn't unique in that regard, not in the least.

He's welcome to join any number of very reputable guilds on Illidan that are quite well progressed, and apply to us in due time. Afaik we don't have any "training" program or sub-guild.
God doesn't kill People. People who believe in God kill People.

[Rootzo]: Why are you dumb?
Firstaidspec

Postby Lawliepop on Fri May 07, 2010 7:38 am

Diggz fan club is our minor league sister guild. Contact christwo and mention that I sent you
Lawliepop

Postby Silentdark_BL on Mon May 10, 2010 12:52 am

Yeah, I understand that he will have to go through the entire application process, and isn't held in any higher regard than any other applicant regardless of my connection with ZX or other previous members of Blood Legion. And I'll also inform him to contact christwo about the "sister guild". That, of course, is the account name he should contact via the Illidan Server? Why did Team Ice fall apart? Not quite as sincere as the active players, I presume?
-John-
Silentdark_BL

Postby Zonker on Mon May 10, 2010 1:03 am

"Because it is vocally oriented, sarcasm can be difficult to grasp in written form and is easily misinterpreted."

We're dicks
Zonker
Officer

Postby Silentdark_BL on Mon May 10, 2010 1:16 pm

That explains it, Zonker! Very well put lol
-John-
Silentdark_BL

Postby Nezt on Sun May 23, 2010 4:08 am

Hey John how've you been? I'm pretty sure the only names you'll reconize are mine and my hairy frenchman Beorns now-days.. But either way.. hi!! :)
Nezt

Postby invispoet on Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:26 am

I seem to remember the name "James" being tossed around a bit in D2 just before WoW released...was that Napox? Xerox? Something like that i think...right about the time i actually got good at d2.

I'm a little curious as what happened to ZX also, havent seen his name on the forums in quite a while, as well as some of the other old timers...Brak, Tzen, Trapan (actually i know that one all too well, now that i think of it), and the OoBers, etc. Good times back then.

My curiosity has been piqued, i see you have open spots for DK's...wonder if i should put in an app and see if i make the cut. What i wouldnt give to get away from the current run of the mill guild where half the raid is only paying attention half of the time.
Blood Legion
invispoet

Next

Return to Public for Peasants