Zonker's UI

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

Re: Zonker's UI

Postby Wiget on Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:57 pm

Zonker PLEASE PLEASE upload your UI. :D I'm pretty sure if you do that everyone will bow at your feet.
Wiget

Postby Rikcon on Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:00 am

Zonker,your ui is pretty good and balanced,i like positions of all frames.
Also it's quite amazing beauty.
So,Zonker,please,make us,mortal wow players HAPPY )
Rikcon

Postby bloodfury on Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:00 am

Gz for being first ! GJ :) Can you pls explain me how to move coolDown's from the center of my screen ? tnx
bloodfury

Postby Cirawin on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:34 am

Damn, you guys need to be a little creative and figure out some of this stuff instead of asking for a straight UI download. I, too, loved the UI when I saw it, and Zonker posted just enough information in page 2 about some of the addons he used for me to recreate it myself.

Here's a pic of what I have so far, but it is definitely a work in progress, so I don't need any c&c:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9605/wowscreenshotd.jpg

Instead of ag_UnitFrames, I went with Shadowed Unit Frames, since they provide just as much flexibility in height, width, and placement. You can move anything anywhere, which is key. Plus they have been updated recently.

ZMob, which shows the 3D portraits, still works but is a little tricky to figure out at first. I then used kgPanels to create the border and black background for the portraits. Dominos was already my addon of choice, so that's what I'm using to move the icons around.

I downloaded the CoolDowns addon from here (thanks Zonker). You can also see Elkano's Buff Bars. I was using Bison before to just display the normal (de)buff icons, but I love Elk because of the larger debuff and being able to read what it is instead of mousing over an icon that I don't recognize. I also have Quartz (casting bar addon) setup in the same way as Zonker.

Overall, I'm liking the new UI so far, and I love the placement of the focus and portraits. This is much different than what I'm used to, but it'll become second nature soon enough.

bloodfury wrote:Can you pls explain me how to move coolDown's from the center of my screen ? tnx

If you look in the zip file that Zonker provided, there is a file titled "READ ME!!" It's usually good to read those :). But anyway, if you use the command in that text file to turn on minimap button, that button lets you move the cooldown addon anywhere on the screen. Zonker put that he's had problems with it being on, but I didn't see a problem with it.
Cirawin

Postby Rikcon on Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:15 pm

we want 100% quality of his UI.
Zonker,where are you ?
People need your UI )))
Rikcon

Postby Reinth on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:13 pm

It's not difficult at all to recreate this UI, honestly, just from looking I figured out every addon he used, though I had assumed pitbull instead of AGUF, and I went that route. though it's not like it's different at all in the end.

I'll show mine:
Differences you'll see: Minimap, Lack of Fubar, Power Auras not set up for Arcane yet. Different textures and grid setup
Reinth

Postby Podiumz on Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:16 am

But its very difficult to recreate buff/debuff filtering, if u cannot find addon to do this.
Podiumz

Postby grunz on Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:02 pm

Better question:

grunz

Postby Capnslappy on Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:39 pm

grunz wrote:Better question:

LOL
Capnslappy

Postby Shinoda on Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:05 pm

I really like your UI myself. I am just curious though about an addon, if it is an addon you are using that i saw in the LK video. At the end of the video, when you looted him and you put your cursor over the items in the loot window, it showed you what you should put in the sockets for your specific class.... I think this is amazing to have and if possible for you to share what it is exactly you are using. Please let me know asap.

Thanks
Shinoda
Shinoda

Postby Wiget on Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:56 pm

Zonker please just make us all shut up on this forum and give us your ui. haha :D :D :D :D :D
Wiget

Postby Invóker on Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:44 pm

I tried to copy his ui including dbm etc.
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/4715 ... 212415.jpg
i can give you a download link if you want to^^
Invóker

Postby krk on Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:58 pm

I was there when Zonker finally changed his UI in TBC.

This clearly makes me a movie star.
krk

Postby CookieMan on Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:59 pm

krk wrote:I was there when Zonker finally changed his UI in TBC.

This clearly makes me a movie star.

can i semi-interact with you?
<+Eusless> HIS TOE IS BIGGER THAN MY DICK
<@Lawliepop> i just couldn't not watch that
<+Eusless> I MEAN FINGER
CookieMan

Postby dagz on Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:14 pm

PLZ zonker's upload your UI. For all us mages out there! :lol:
dagz

PreviousNext

Return to Public for Peasants