Hey guys!

Forum for all Blood Legion friends to chat with us.

Moderator: Spider

Hey guys!

Postby Zendrick on Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:21 pm

Hey people I just got the beta... or will be soon :twisted:
Anyway I read 'bout stuff and it seems like I got everything firgured out... please tell me if its a bad combo, or stupid. Remember I am a n00b and need to learn.
So anyway what I got so far is that I'll be a Druid or a rouge (prolly druid) and ma skills will be as followed:
-Cooking
-Fishing
-Wilderness Survival
-Lockpicking

:D woot i'm a cook!
-+=+-ZeN WuZ hErE-+=+-
Zendrick

Postby Tibs on Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:49 pm

just an FYI Zen-- cooking, fishing both produces goods that are eaten for health. Though fishing does get you some other goodies too. ;) As a Druid, you'll be able to heal, so that seems redundant to me. And I think only mages and rogues can get lockpicking. I may be wrong. My fiancee has told me I was wrong before. ;) Survivalist will allow you to make a fire which increases the spirit of all party members near the fire, increasing the regen rate for health and energy/ mana. Kinda cool, I think.

However, that being said, TradeSkills are fun. If you don't like what you get, you can "sell" back your TSes and pick up new skills. This is beta, so get to know your TSes for the public release!

Above all, its about the F U N factor, imo. See you in game soon!

tibs out
Tibsdalai UD Priest lvl 60
101/150 Herbalism
75/150 Alchemy

Tibspeace Tauren Druid lvl 30
Tibsnooks Undead Mage lvl 18

The threshold between right and wrong is pain.
--His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Tibs

Postby Zendrick on Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:51 pm

ye with me being a druid i can heal... but in battle I'd use rejuv, and after a battle i'd give my party some food around the fire.... so overall its a good idea?
-+=+-ZeN WuZ hErE-+=+-
Zendrick

Postby ZX7 on Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:32 pm

Since we currently have no cooks...I say try it, you can always abort and learn a new one. Fishing will get stuff required for alchemy also...so thats always a good one to pick.

EDIT - insom clearified it.

ZX
Last edited by ZX7 on Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zxtreme 70 UD Priest
Zxtasy 60 UD Warrior
ZX7
Guild Leader

Postby Zendrick on Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:34 pm

i can prolly just learn lockpicking as druid, but i read that alchemy is a real bitch to do, with all the stuff... i might take it up, i'd much rather just pool clan members.
-+=+-ZeN WuZ hErE-+=+-
Zendrick

Postby InSoMNiaC on Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:39 pm

anyone can get lockpicking at the lockpicking trainer. my pally from last push has lockpicking
poop
InSoMNiaC

Postby Tibs on Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:07 am

cool-- only saw tools and keys for mages and rogues on one of the vendors for lock picking.

Zen, yeah its a good idea, not knocking that. For me, Alchemy was a major pain in the butt. I didn't get very far with it, near 75 on my NE rogue at lvl 16. But I got to tell ya that I loved the potions you could produce, especially the rejuvs and buffs, they were really sweet.

I really like the ability to sell back learned skills-- in DII & LOD, if you messed up and picked skills down the wrong tree or branch, you lost that point, or if you tried a branch and figured after spending 20 sp it sucked-- you were stuck with it. I'm giving them all a shot.

tibs out
Tibsdalai UD Priest lvl 60
101/150 Herbalism
75/150 Alchemy

Tibspeace Tauren Druid lvl 30
Tibsnooks Undead Mage lvl 18

The threshold between right and wrong is pain.
--His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Tibs

Postby Asiana on Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:39 am

Stone is a cook :) He'd be great to advise you on it.

I'm sure once you get on, you'll get your share of testing out the trades/gatherings and decide the best or most fun for you :)
Asiana

Postby Aries on Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:47 am

Stone is a cook?? Cook me sumfin!!!
Aries

Postby Stoneguard on Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:26 am

I must admit to slacking on my cooking skills. I just haven't had the play time to want to tradeskill and quest recently.

I will say this: Cooking, Fishing and Survival Skills are all interrelated. It is good to have all 3 because you can use some fish in cooking and you need fires to cook.

Otherwise, I really think cooking needs a major revamp. All recipes except one - I think - are for food, which restores health. There needs to either be a brewing Trade skill or more drink recipes in cooking.
Stoneguard

Postby Asiana on Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:48 am

There was a post done on worldofwarcraft.com where Kat brings up stuff about the cooking tradeskill. It doesn't look like they'll be adding any really great recipe's either.

It would be cool if they added recipes that gave instant hp or is this currently done?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a ... #Post37215
Asiana

Postby Zendrick on Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:56 pm

sounds good, stone we will have to game sometime, and the lockpicking goes with fishing for when you fish up chests, but w/e... lol i still havent got beta.. i think im the most unluckiest person in the world.
-+=+-ZeN WuZ hErE-+=+-
Zendrick

Postby ZX7 on Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:16 pm

You'll get the key email near phase 3, which should be early next week :)

ZX
Zxtreme 70 UD Priest
Zxtasy 60 UD Warrior
ZX7
Guild Leader

Return to Public for Peasants